1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Does the Grand Have So Many Redundant Events?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoking357, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

As I think about Trap and the ATA's event management, I cannot help but think that I should be running the show. As I review the Grand American program, I see day after day of singles, doubles and handicap events. Evidently, all these events are identical to one another, as all are shot with a 12 gauge with, more or less, 1 1/8 ounce loads.

What's the point of so many identical courses of fire?

I don't see any courses of fire for the short-barreled shotgun, for the side by side, for the sub gauges, for shotgun pistols such as the Judge, for no-rib shotguns, for team guadruples, piece and protect, etc. I don't see a Skrap match. I don't see a bow-and-arrow match. I don't see a Wobble Trap championship match. How about a lights-out night match where the targets are illuminated only with black light and shot with tracer rounds?

I'd be really impressed by the winner of the Judge Match.

Instead of, or in addition to, holding the same sort of match, over and over, perhaps turn the event into a Trap interpretation of Camp Perry where many dissimilar courses of fire are held. If some of these events don't draw enough registrants, either cancel them or run them on a field as an exhibition match.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

A better question might be, Why are there so many identical baseball, basketball & football games, stock car races, bowling, horse races, golf matches, etc.

Eric

3. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

I thought of another event, the Junk Gun Match, with a $150 claiming rule.

Let's see who's really good when people are shooting cheap Stevens, J.C. Higgins, H&Rs, etc.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Why is there air?

Why are golf courses always in the same locale?

Why don't pitcher's have to switch hands every other inning?

Why, etc., etc., etc.??

Dumb assed question!

Curt

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Trapshooters like doing the same thing over and over again until they get it right. HMB

6. gundog

gundog TS Member

Man what next, some of this stuff is BS. I for one really get tired of all the ATA bashing. If you dont like the ATa or the sport Quit!! Ok, now you guys can have at me.

7. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

"Why are there so many identical baseball, basketball & football games, stock car races, bowling, horse races, golf matches, etc."

Actually, that's a nonsense question, not analogous and a subterfuge.

If the Grand American is merely the finals of Trap, it can be settled in three events, Singles, Doubles and Handicap.

Curt, if you're not in favor of progress, step aside and let the smart guys take over.

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

pulldude for what it is worth I agree with you totally.

As far as the "smart guys" is concerned I would guess toker that you don't qualify if you did you would realize the reason.

It is designed to weed out the idiots from the shooters. You sure qualify as a member of the first group.

Bob Lawless

9. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Bob, I have no doubt that you lack the intellect to grasp 1/10th of what I say. Your frail ego prevents you from accepting that tenth part of wisdom that you do comprehend.

10. spritc

spritc Active Member

I'm surprised any of you even answered this liberal's idiotic question. Smoking something must have tons of time on his hands.

11. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

This is my last reply on a 357 thread. If we stop responding he will go away.

12. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Actually, nobody really "answered." A bunch of old farts uttered some roadside-diner vapidities.

Actually answering would have required a bit more intellect than statists like you and your big-government generation possess.

And shotshell, please don't respond to any of my threads. Your verbal pollution impedes change, and I hope we all realize that change needs to occur.

13. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I've always thought that football would be improved by holding the Superbowl first and so making the rest of the season unnecessary. This is a view most other Viking fans share, I think.

Neil

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Anymore pro football closely resembles a street fight next to a crack house.

Curt

15. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

sucking357,,you have to be the stupidest SOB to ever post on this site,,,,,,

16. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Not quite the "stupidest" [sic], coward.

I noticed you made yet another off-topic, crude and poorly composed post. How sparse must be the furnishings of your mind. How dimly you must understand the world, vis-a-vis your betters. Sad you must be to know that you would receive the first attentions of any eugenics program.

17. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Shotshell I would like to say I agree with you but we all need to look at what he is doing.

"As I think about Trap and the ATA's event management, I cannot help but think that I should be running the show"

Really think about this who do you believe is so arrogant that they would start out telling everyone how thing should be done. By telling them that he is the only one capable of running the show.

"Curt, if you're not in favor of progress, step aside and let the smart guys take over."

For someone that is bucking for a job "running the show" would even a village idiot start out by insulting the intelligence of those that he would need to convince that he is the man for the job?????

"Actually, nobody really "answered." A bunch of old farts uttered some roadside-diner vapidities."

Then he make sure he is insulting everyone that post here!!!! Why????

Because he is only here to stir up the sh**, cause trouble and pi** everyone off.

I respond because he is comical absolutly the funniest thing to hit this site in along time. You guy are all free to do as you please. I however hope they find a place for him in the Troll hall of fame. In the category call A**hole

Bob Lawless

18. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I would venture to guess that this thread warrants the - you guessed it.

FRedmon

19. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

The ATA pays $3 a hundred to the State for use of the facility. With fewer shooters they need more events to crack the nut. Trapshooting is a business as well as a pastime.

20. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

MONEY, did you ever wonder why there is no Presidents 100 for shogun sports? everybody shoots one day, one match.. that is it...

also did you ever notice that it seems every one that was in Viet-Nam was in Special Forces or a LRRP and if they were not, there they were at Woodstock...

LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.