1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do we like to watch trap shooting ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Really enjoy shooting trap.

But I also enjoy watching others shoot trap.

Get a sense of joy when they break their target.

An even greater feeling when they smoke one.

Get a sense of sadness when they miss one.

This is even true when I don't know anyone on the squad shooting.

I will stay at the range an extra hour after I'm done just watching others shoot.

Hammer

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Trap, for me, is not a spectator sport. Boring to watch. Just me, Jake

3. glenns

glenns Member

Lot more exciting than watching soccer.

Glenn

4. Lyle

Lyle Member

I like watching people I know..........others, not so much.

Lyle

5. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Just as soon watch grass grow. Maybe shoot offs a little more if I have a friend in them. That is why the have vendors during bigger shoots.

If it is you thing have at it, enjoy.

Rock

Jim

6. lgunluvr

lgunluvr Member

Love to shoot.......but, my wife, says it's extreemly boring to watch. I on the other hand find watching AAA shooters entertaining... go figure.

7. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I like to watch and sometimes learn a little. I also like for someone to watch me, not because I'm good(LOL) but to tell me things that they see. Today while shooting from the 16 a new guy told me that now he knew why I liked shooting an improved cyl choke as I shot so fast. Actually I was shooting an IM choke. I really hadn't noticed that I shoot faster than most but feel that I could use a imp cyl choke because of that. Not having any formal lessons, I watch people and often can see their mistakes.(but only say something if they ask) Sometimes I find out that I am doing the same thing. Jackie B.

8. XTerminator

XTerminator Member

I like watching the club know-it-all shoot a 19 at singles after telling an AA shooter everything they're doing is all wrong. ;>)
    But then again I'm evil.

9. zeroed4x

zeroed4x TS Member

X Terminator.... he he he...
    I've seen that a few times.
    I always wait for the excuses and then I have to force myself not to laugh or smile to intensely.

Its is indeed evil but funny as hell.

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

My wife said watching trapshooting was like watching a casket warp. Not a spectator sport which is why we are not on ESPN.

11. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

I like watching that girl in the green bikini shoot. I could watch her for hours.Glenn

12. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

My wife was on the bench when I had my first ATA 100x100. I was a little crushed when she said she would rather watch paint dry!!! I enjoy watching a good doubles shooter do his thing. Clay Floyd comes to mind.

Rich in Indiana

13. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I like to watch how the top shooters set up foe their shot, their stance, gun mount, the time they take before they shoot, and the point where they shoot the target, how they shoot the straightaways and the angles.

What shells they shoot, I actually pick up an empty or 2 after they have shot to see what they shoot.

I shoot a high shooting gun and am still shooting under some targets and am going to raise my POI again, to see what results I get.

I loved watching Britt Robinson and Larry Gravestock shoot.

When there is a full squad of Top Shooters and you see them shoot, their
    rhythm, and timing is something all shooters can learn from.

Where they look between shots, and the concentration they have while shooting.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

14. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I only watch doubles 2 squads early at the house I am going to shoot at.

As far as watching HDCP and singles, If I know them maybe, if I don't I don't care.

Trap is like Golf, you shoot your game as best you can trying to emprove with each round.

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm amazed at how the "Jolly Big Fellow" looks exactly the same after a miss as a crushed target. At this years Grand, he didn't fair so well in the shootoffs(ones i watched anyway) but you could never tell by his demeanor. Its the same routine each and every shot no matter what the value. I like watching the top shooters to try and learn something. I could certainly stand to learn.---Matt

16. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

I love to watch and learn from other shooters -especially the guys I know and respect who shoot consistently well. I try to "go to school" on them every chance I get.

17. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Like is a relative term.. Unless you're a A class shooter.. you need to watch.. with a notebook.. and pen in hand.. First..if you are shooting a match.. Any field you might be shooting on.. read the field.. Is the trap machine centered in the house.. How are the targets?? High.. low??? correct?? short.. long.. favor the left or right side??? Check the backround.. any holes to loose the targets..??? As you go back on the line.. where do the lines from the walk hit the traphouse?? On the corner.. mid way down the side??? For someone using a low hold point.. it can be important...

Where do certain shooter hold..?? How is their elbow?? What is their foot position?? Where is their hand on the forend??? How is their follow thru on a swing.. Do they shoot fast or slow.. ???

This is but a few things contained in a notebook.. My shooting coach used the words.."you might consider this".. That's all I ask people to do.. Learn from other people.. and maybe.. just maybe.. you'll find a style,method..just a tiny bit different that what you currently do now..that will put you in the winners circle.. Consider that..

So.. to answer the original question.. If you watch with eyes.. ready to learn the secret that's not published.. it's there for you.. You just have to go out and get it.. All Good.. Mike

18. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

I enjoy watching shooters. Especially the really good ones. I also enjoy watching those I know. Since I have shot a few times, I certainly realize it is not as easy as it looks. I love it when people act like it must be easy until they try it! LOL Watching young ones getting started, now that is fun! They are so excited with each one they hit....kind of like me! ;)

19. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I enjoy watching a squad with a good quick rhythm crush target after target, I find myself pulling for them to all go clean. Folks that take their time getting ready to call for a target not so much. Nowadays I'm just glad to be above ground.

20. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

There's not much else to do at a trapshoot when you're waiting your squads turn to shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.