1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Do People Delete Threads?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BigDave1200, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

I have noticed lately that there are more deleted threads. Someone posts something (usually for sale) and some of the replies are missing. If you click on show deleted messages, it the same person deleting all of their entrances. I could understand if the item has been sold that they edit their contact number or email so they don't continue to get calls . Its like they don't want someone to know that they had something to sell or that they sold it. Some kind of big secret. I like to use them for reference sometimes. What's your input?

Dave

2. neofight

neofight TS Member

In my vast and checkered experience as both an occasional vintage aircraft restorer and collector of Howdy Doody memorabilia, i find that typing and alcohol are not good companions.There may be other reasons though.

All seriousness aside, i don't think there's any sort of conspiracy. Maybe they just didn't like what they posted after they sobered up.

3. shelly

shelly TS Member

Thread (post) deleted

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Thread (post) deleted.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Thread (post) deleted.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Thread (post) deleted.

7. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

I delete mine because they are trackable forever through google. Kim

8. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I learned a valuable lesson with my second wife. Never drunk call you wife while on a business trip, from the nudie joint, to let her know your ok and that all these necked woman are not tempting you, she is the only one for you. When you sober up the next day and can't remember what you said it's a little queezy calling her back to see what you did tell her. I see posts on the internet kinda the same except you can erase them, women never ever ever forget.

9. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

All those deletions just make holes in the forum.

10. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

I understand people regretting what they had posted and removing it but that was not what I was taking about.I was more talking about the post that says "shotgun for sale" and when you read the threads they are only half there so they don't make any sense.All you read is a reply saying "I'll buy it" or "What's the Length of pull" never any answers because they have been deleted. I think Kim's answer made sense about it showing up in a Google search and its not relevant anymore.Thanks Kim, I think I got my answer.

11. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

BigDave, you may want to rethink that. I sometimes think there's more Silverbullet's on here than sober Kim's. All good :) Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.