1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Dillon Service is TOPS!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chichay, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

My Dillon XL650 is probably at least 10 years old. I use it to reload pistol and rifle metallic cartridges. Due to the recent shortage, I've taken up reloading such ammunition again. Last ammo I reloaded must have been .45-70 (that's the way my 650 was last set-up), and to reload 5.56X45s, one of the things I have to change is from large to small primer system. Could not find one part of the small primer system. Got on the internet and ordered the part from Dillon, instead of looking for the lost one (my loading bench is a mess). Upon receipt of the said part, I quickly realized it's a completely different but apparently better designed system not compatible with my machine. Sent an e-mail to Dillon for exchange. Got a response to the effect they're sending me a conversion part so I can use the new one on my old 650. Got the conversion parts yesterday, complete with instruction, and it'll changeover my old priming system to the new one. Sent GRATIS. HOW'S THAT FOR SERVICE? Remember, I bought my 650 at least 10 years ago. Chichay

2. SBray

SBray Active Member

I have the Dillon 550B and have had excellent customer service from them. Their machines are hard to improve on, and their customer service is as good as it gets. I would not hesitate buying another machine from them.

I read on Glock Talk how others compare their experiences with other companies, and Dillon usually has a significant majority of viewers that have used other machines, writing how Dillon is the best.

Steve

3. BryanF

BryanF Active Member

Chichay, I haven't reloaded since the mid 90's. Brought my 550B out of moth balls and discovered I had left the battery in the primer warning system. Needless to say, it was junk. I e-mailed Dillon and asked about replacing the primer warning system. A few days later I receive an e-mail stating that the replacement was shipped. I called Dillon and told them it was my fault and they told me that is why Dillon has a no B.S. warranty. They have the best service I have ever used, and that was the first time in over 20 years that I needed to use it!

Bryan

4. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Have a 550 and 900. Dillon service tops and NO BS

Doyal

5. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

I had a couple of parts in the priming system of my SL-900 that wore out. Called the good folks at Dillon with the individual part numbers. Two days later a COMPLETE priming system shows up!
    I've reloaded with a Dillon Square Deal, two 550's and two 650's as well as my SL-900 over the years and still have a 650 and the 900. Needless to say I bleed BLUE. None better!

Pat

6. triplea

triplea TS Member

Bought my 550 in 1986 and tool holder broke a couple of years ago. Returned to them and it was completly rebuilt. NO CHARGE return freight included. They have replaced or repaired a number of things over the years for me. Never a question. Will be upgrading to a 650 w/ case feed. Can't wait. Even talked to Mike once while on hold. Can't beat them. Blue is tops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.