1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHY did the ATA change "clubs and shoots" info???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tron, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

WHY did the ATA change

Now, it's a lot more difficult to find out clubs and shoots information for registered shoots. They show no year with the dates and have pasts dates mixed in calender. I'm very confused.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

WHY did the ATA change

It's a conspiracy......they're toying with our emotions. If they only knew how sensitive we trapshooter's are!!

Curt

3. Tron

WHY did the ATA change

So, other than Curtis, nobody noticed that the ATA website changed the "clubs and shoots" info?? Check it out, it's darn difficult to exact dates of shoots.

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

WHY did the ATA change

Tron, if clubs just use the service in the above link, they will get not just the date right, but the program right up on the site as well.

Neil

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

WHY did the ATA change

titewad2 this is just an thought if you are interested in 8 year old scores. Why don't you copy them to a folder in your own computer and you can store them.

These scores that you refer to are easily copied and pasted to your own computer so why would you expect the ATA to store something that you want?

Bob Lawless

6. bbourdage

bbourdage Member

WHY did the ATA change

Hello Tron,
    When I look at the club page, it seems that it is listing only the shoots for the current shooting year, in date order, oldest shoot date first. The listing also allows for a link to the program for the shoot. The L at the end of the column, represents that the shoot was classified as a league shoot.

As clubs send in the results, you will also see the results for each shoot as a link.

I think that having everything in one place is actually pretty nice.

You will also notice a change in color of the past shoot dates, to help distinguish, future shoot dates,(This is going to be finished soon)

As for the scores, the current system only had the year 2000, to the current time frame in it. The older scores were done in a different system. There is a project in place to add the old years back to 1994, but the type of data collected has changed, and funding/interest has not been a top priority.

I am confused regarding titewad2's comments. Typically there is more information about a club , than the clubs web page. Most do not have a direct map, with the ability to add directions, and do not include the GPS coordinates. The ability to store the data is not the problem, but to get the clubs to submit the changes to the ATA.

If you know of changes that need to be made, please submit them.

Barry

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

WHY did the ATA change

titewad2 you asked "Why were they removed? I don't for certain but I would think to save space on their website for future scores.

You also asked "How would one go about backing up these files from the ATA site?" I have told you Copy and Paste to your word pad or note pad and save to your documents folder. Copy and Paste is explained in the help section of your computer.

Bob Lawless

8. bbourdage

bbourdage Member

WHY did the ATA change

Tron,
    Changes have been made on the club page info. Passed shoots, are now greyed out, and the year has been added, along with the results for the shoot.

Does that make it easier ?

Barry

9. Tron

WHY did the ATA change

Much better now Barry. Actually, the changes are a big improvement!

Tron

10. bbourdage

bbourdage Member

WHY did the ATA change

Great !!,
    Keep your comments coming, if you see any other items that can make a difference please let me know.

Barry

11. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

WHY did the ATA change

Awesome that the ATA is responding to our needs. They need to to maintain their membership.

12. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

WHY did the ATA change

Jerry, The pink card should be good for Tron. I mean, he does shoot skeet and own a kitty.

13. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

WHY did the ATA change

Barry - would you mind reinstating the ATA Hall of Fame link? It's no where to be found on the ATA site. I had to google it to get there.

By the way, I like the way you have the club's shoots posted now, way better than before. Makes for easier planning when information is current and you don't have to scroll through the old stuff first.

Thanks very much.

14. bbourdage

bbourdage Member

WHY did the ATA change

Hello Browning4me,
    I will add the link on the home page for the traphof. Thanks for the positive comments.

Barry

15. bbourdage

bbourdage Member

WHY did the ATA change

Browning4me,
    You should now the the Trap Hall of Fame link, on the ATA home page, in the right column,

Barry

16. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

WHY did the ATA change

Barry - I found it. Thanks very much for putting the HOF link back. It's nice that the ATA has a "point" person to assist with web related items. I appreciate the timeliness of the response as well. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.