1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why did Kemen not take off here??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bigdogtx, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Why have the Kemens not been real popular here?

2. Slugo

Slugo Member

inadequate marketing budget, I suspect...

3. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Dollar went down, Keman$ went up. Estates and Gun Clubs are priced at a level that importing them doesn't make sense. Shotgun shells are largely a commodity item. Lowest price wins the market share in the that market....until something else becomes lowest priced.

Those that think Kemans "better" are such a tiny market Kemans couldn't survive just serving them.

4. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Think He was talking About the Gun...Shoot Well..Shoot Often, Bart

5. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I take it you are refering to the kemen guns. They had trouble with stocks cracking.
    When you are similar to another product(perazzi) and are price similar or more you have to prove it and they didn't.
    If they would have hung in there their side ribs don't fall off and getting a stock fixed is a lot cheaper.

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I believe the original poster was talking about Keman shells. They are a fine shell and much better than the economy shells made by the big 3 here in the states. They have 5-6 percent antimony lead and a decent wad. They are sized pretty well and crush targets as well as Win. AA's or Rem's STS's. They just have a metal base hull and are basicly throw away shells. These are fine for most shooters who do not reload. But like the Rio's they just will not work in some Hi-End guns. They sold very well around here before the dollar fell against the Euro 4 or so years ago. They went from like $38 a flat to $63 a flat here and they died out fast!!! Are they making them here (USA) now like the Rio's are??? I do not know as I have not seen them here for a couple of years now. Wish I could!!!. Break-em all. Jeff

7. bigdogtx

No I was referencing the shotguns. Are they still in business?

8. bigdogtx

No I was referencing the shotguns

9. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Yes, only dealer I know of is in traverse city michigan. ? field sports

10. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

When a Spanish maker puts out a product that's 99% copy of a famous Italian shotgun, they'll have to be very competitive in price to share the market.

The selling price of said famous Italian gun has a lot to do with the name, it's hard to sell a copy under different name at similar prices.

I had a Kemen at one time, it's a very well made gun, but it's not better than a Perazzi, and it didn't cost much less than a Perazzi, I see very little reason not buying a Perazzi instead.

11. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Guy at our club has a custom made s x s it is one fine shotgun!

12. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

Fieldsport is no longer ordering guns from Kemen. There was a parting of the ways. The US market proved far more problematic than the European market. Kemen became quite popular with the aristocrats of Spain and they found it easier to build fewer high grade guns than more numerous lower grade ones. Their titanium framed gun caught on with those who have big bucks and changed the business focus.
    Dave

13. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

Why didn't they take off? Establishing any new gun brand is difficult and expensive. Kemen didn't have lots of money behind them to make the marketing push that would have been needed. The importer/distributor here wouldn't set up a viable dealer network, so many shooters didn't have a place to see one if they wanted to. Great guns, but the combination of factors sunk the ship while it was still in the harbor.
    Dave

14. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

Names such as Perazzi, Krieghoff, Beretta, are status backed. Tell someone you shoot a Kemen, they think of shotgun shells!

15. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

So what did Keman offer that none of the existing brands offered?

16. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Every Kemen I ever saw for sale was priced the same as the same model made by Perazzi so it's a no brainer.

17. Baber

Baber TS Member

In the early '90's I almost bought a Kemen but was talked out of it by John Millius who said that you buy a Perazzi today and tomorrow you know what you have. Buy a Kemen and you don't.

Saved me a lot of money. If they had been priced at 50% of a Perazzi they might have gotten somewhere but they were priced at almost the same so why buy a copy when you can buy an original.

Tom

18. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Biggest problem was that they didn't get Leo or any of the 'big name' shooters using them.

19. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Ahab!!! Not so!!!

George Digweed shot one for years before Perazzi offered to name a gun for him!

20. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Does anybody remember Renato Gamba? Substitute CG, Gurini, Blazer.
    Kolar is still struggling for respect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kemen shotgun

kemen shotgun for sale

kemen shotgun shells

kemen shotgun shells for sale

kemen shotguns

kemen shotguns for sale

kemen shotguns usa
kemen titanium 32