1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why did Homeland Sec. order 200 Mill .40 cal round

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by slic lee, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Do they have a private army we dont know about?

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

And, according to the article i read, they were hollow points. ?

"The load selected for this contract is a 135-grain, hollow point designed for the office of Field Operations of Customs and Border Protection. It will fall under the Winchester Ranger line."

3. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

BHO want a national police force. Could that be it?

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Can you imagine the furor if somebody gets the idea these hollow-point, IMMIGRANT KILLER BULLETS going to be used to shoot at Mesikins?

Seriously - has the national council of La Raza been notified about this?

Could be an "uncomfortable" episode for the President.

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Do you think Barry signing a executive order on Dec. 16th. have anything to do with the 40 S&W's?

6. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I am curious to see proof of this order for 135 grain bullets... I googled this and saw multiple websites that claim this contract with Winchester but did not see anything remotely offical. I see a GUNREPORTS article that does not cite where the information came from... The gunsite report gives a link to the Winchester page and when I click on Centerfire, 40 cal, I don't even see a 135 grain bullet listed... So what is that all about?

Regardless, CBP has well over 40,000 armed officers that a minimum of 200 rounds per year for qualication not counting any additional training for sworn officers let alone training for academy students... times 5 years.... and the report doesn't say if that includes all of DHS to include Secret Service, Air Marshals, Federal Protective Service, Uniformed Secret Service, etc...

New York City Police Department over 37,000 police officers alone... What is their ammo expenditures each year?

So counting qualifications, training, and the academy, and a reserve amount that should be kept, well, I am not sure that a MAXIMUM not the actual amount being ordered is way off base... But I am not convinced that this is even an actual, accurate report to begin with...

Maybe someone can post something other than a Gun Reports link? I am curious to see what is really going on...

Oh, how you have to love internet "facts."

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

They are starting to fear that "we" have more than "them".

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

As a small ammo manufacturer, that order is over my head. LOL

9. TOOLMAKER 251

If you google " homeland security ammunition contract you will find the details. Winchester= 200 million 40 S&W's ATK= 130 million dollar contract

10. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

.65 cents per round?????????

11. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

This is over a 5 year period,,,,,don't get excited,,,,,,,,,,

12. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Why would the Border Patrol need all that ammo, if they shoot the illegals our government prosecutes and imprisons our Agents. I wouldn't shoot an illegal if my government was going to put me in prison for enforcing our laws!...Bill

13. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What Bill said.

14. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

15. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I have a hard time believing that US troops would shoot up their own country men. The service people I know are very defensive of their homeland. If the crap were really to come down like that russian fantasy rag indicated, I'll bet the troops would turn on their so called political leaders before attacking small town usa.

16. TOOLMAKER 251

Wolfram, google up april 12th. 1861 and you might start believing that our military will turn on it's people.

17. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Wolfram where where you on May 4, 1970?

On May 4, l970 members of the Ohio National Guard fired into a crowd of Kent State University demonstrators, killing four and wounding nine Kent State students. The impact of the shootings was dramatic. The event triggered a nationwide student strike that forced hundreds of colleges and universities to close. H. R. Haldeman, a top aide to President Richard Nixon, suggests the shootings had a direct impact on national politics. In The Ends of Power, Haldeman (1978) states that the shootings at Kent State began the slide into Watergate, eventually destroying the Nixon administration.

18. bocephus

bocephus Member

I think if it comes to conflict it won't be our own troops firing on us but rather UN troops, some of them would relish the opportunity. Our troops and especially our National Guard are being kept busy overseas for a reason. When the time comes it will be quicker for the UN to respond than to bring ours home.

I really don't expect we will offer much resistance, some small uprising that will be squashed quickly and then the country will just submit. After watching America sleep through the first year of THE DESTRUCTION OF THE USA FROM WITHIN, I do not hold much hope of us ever recovering.

I have never hoped to be wrong so much as I do now....

19. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Bo you might be right about UN troops, sure hope not.

EB, the Kent State shootings did change our country and I want to think we learned not to do crap like that. The people menacing the guardsmen learned the M1s weren't just for show, the guardsmen learned that you can't take a bullet back and the people that put the guardsmen there learned they made huge a tactical error. I was a little young (10) to fully comprehend those events but I do remember them and I hope the rest of the country remembers it as well.

I could very well be in denial but I don't see a civil war coming. Hope I'm right, I would just as soon stick to using my M1A for recreational shooting.

20. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

OPbama himself siad that he wanted a "domestic security force" as large and as well funded as the US military. Why? Is it bacause the American people will not submit to a leftist takeover of America unless the coerced?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.