1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Congress Cannot Balance the Budget

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by pretzel, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

its inept !

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

That's about as straight as their efforts can be described. And for this they get paid? Retire a full wages, never have to pay for medical care. Just follow the party line and you'll be cared for for the rest of your days.

Big Jack

3. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Congress for got that they work for us not the other way around It would be nice to have the benifits they have for free.

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

They won't balance the budget because the citizens of this country don't want them to balance it. The people have spoken and they want a marxist president and for tax and spend to continue.

5. garage tech

garage tech Member

Thats the union i want to belong to.

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

The "Cliff" will do it for them. Might not be such a bad thing, until re-election time. Sure we may go down for a while, but the recovery will be faster also. Otherwise, it is just going to be another Band-Aid.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The cliff will not happen. It includes some severe spending cuts.

Need I say more.

HM

8. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

What is wrong with severe spending cuts. It seems its the only way we will see any cuts at all. They just want more taxes and more spending as an alternative to going over. Some will glide past the pile and end up better off.

9. pdq

pdq Member

If we do in fact get to that cliff, then the first people over it should be the POTUS and VPOTUS, followed by BOTH houses of Congress.

Get rid of them all -- both parties.

I'm a staunch Republican, but I'm fed up even with my party. If they worked in corporate America they'd all have been fired for incompetence years ago.

If I want idiots working for me, and can find them all day long and they don't earn a 6 figure income plus get executive privledges.

Oh -- and when they all go over the cliff? No parachutes, golden or fabric.

Pete

10. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

It also includes all taxes going back to previous rates. Both need to happen to move forward, period! If it is forced, so be it. At least it will be done. Uncertainty, and not knowing what the plan is going forward, is what is holding up this economy, and markets. Even if it is bad for the near term, it will help the recovery improve faster, because we will have those forced guidelines to work from, instead of having to negotiate every six months.

11. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Listen to stool, he's a expert leftist economist- got his PHD at the University of Gooberville.

12. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

This is an interesting read about what is going to happen.

The politicians will not balance the budget because they would not be re-elected. The people will have to write an amendment to the constitution forcing the issue themselves to get it done.

Dems will not reduce entitlements and Repubs will not reduce military spending. It is a Stalemate.

The budget will only be balanced after our debt is deemed worthless and we cannot borrow any more money to spend.

The USSA will not exist in any form that is vaguely familiar in another 4 years or less.

13. crusha

crusha TS Member

Well, one thing for sure...having to re-negotiate every so often is causing a lot of disruption to Military largesse, and maybe that's a good thing.

Somehow, I just get the idea that unpredictability - the inability of the ruling class to plan out what's going to happen next - is a GOOD thing, and more or less works to the benefit of those of us who want to see the Fed Gubmint get smaller.

After all, they planned the country into this, step by step, over decades, in measured, predictable, foreseeable steps. And look where that got us.

So I say - let's have some unpredictability. And while we're at it, I disagree with Still Floatin'...I think it's the possibility of the Bush tax cuts EXPIRING, if anything, that's making the economy nervous.

The last time those rates were put in effect, the "Tech Bubble" had not burst yet, and America was seeing an unprecedented expansion of wealth, due to what was happening in Silicon Valley. That was a great party, for the Stock Market and otherwise.

But going back to those rates - after the party has long since ended - is a recipe for pain and disaster.

14. cloudancer

cloudancer TS Member

Does anyone find it interesting that almost immediately after obama bin ladens re-election that Israel starts a war in the Gaza strip.
    The only way to get this budget balanced is to cut the politician's paychecks by a third, and take them off their country club insurance plans. I bet that would put some serious cash back in the budget alone. How many paid vacations do you get? Seems like everytime you hear anything they are not in session? What is going to keep this country and its people in the crapper is because the citzens of this country cant unite against this govt. and tell these crooked employees to knock it off. Imagine, those of you who have businesses, how would you react if your employee told you what they were going to do and when they would do it. And you could do nothing about it? That is what has been going on in this country for a long time. Clint Eastwood said it correctly, they have forgotten that they work for us. But the problem is that WE THEY PEOPLE have forgotten how to be bosses! IF everyone called their state reps and senators and congressman EVERY DAY JUST TO MAKE THEM ACCOUNTABLE, something interesting might happen if these crooked employees realized that we still have the power to give them the ax. Thats right unseat some of them. I wish that we could have gotten enough people together to unseat that crook Spector. So stop complaining and call your state officials offices and tell them. CALL OFTEN!! LET THEM KNOW THAT WE ARE PAYING ATTENTION. Be a pain in their behinds. Just think if on December 5 2012, every single person in every state across this country, at one thirty pm eastern time, starting calling their representatives and senators and congressmans offices, at the same time! I think that it would show them that we still have power to organize and stand up and say enough is enough! Make million man march look like a walk in the park!! And would scare the crap out of them!! How about this for an agenda? First and foremost shut down the FED, Get rid of the ELECTORAL COLLEGE,(OUR VOTE, WE THE PEOPLE'S VOTE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT SHOULD COUNT) and then limit all politicians and Supreme Court Justices terms. No Senator, Representative or Congressperson, can serve more than two 2 year terms. PERIOD. No supreme court justice can sit more than six years on the bench. They are all on the same Social Security system, and medical programs that they are submitting us to. No insider trading on their wealth with the stock market either. If they are caught, they go to jail just like they did to Martha Stewart. Pelosi, Baeiner, etc. All of them. They have all done it and gotten away with it. Why arent they in jail like they did to her? Because we sit back, complain and let it happen. Because its too much like work to go after them for it.

15. brownk80

brownk80 Member

If you want to see what the facts are take a look at this piece.

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EW5IdwltaAc?rel=0

You will have to type the link in because I don't know how to make it automatic but if you watch this you will understand just what we have allowed "our" government to do. Either we cut spending or tax the hell out of everyone but the government has to run on the same basis as individuals or families or they end up in the same place. No mystery, no slight of hand, no magic...just plain facts!!

Brownk80

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.