1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

why can't we get review/reduction cards online?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vatrap, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vatrap

vatrap Member

Since we have been able to get a "printer friendly" version of our record from the shooter information center for a couple of years, why can't review/reduction cards be posted the same way? Easy enough, just have a pdf of the card attached to the shooters record once the reduction has been approved. If needed it could be watermarked with the word "TEMPORARY" for use until the offical review card is received. Would alleviate the kind of problems upcoming for the shoots in the next coople of weeks where reductions have been posted to the SIC and have not been mailed out or received by the shooters.

Mike

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

why can't we get reveiw/reduction cards online?

How would a "temporary" card that contains information that hasn't been reviewed by your Delegate be any different than the "Printer Friendly" page information?

Why don't you just print out the "Printer Friendly" version of the SIC information?

Rule VI, F, 1, 2nd sentence:

"The ATA Shooter Information Center may be used as evidence of a reduction with verification by a member of the Central Handicap Committee, a voting member of the Executive Committee or the shooters State or Provincial Delegate."

Get an email response from your Delegate indicating that he approves of your reduction, print that out and take it and the SIC information with you to your next shoot and you should be good to go.

Scott Hoover

ATA Delegate, Utah

3. vatrap

vatrap Member

Scott,

Thanks for the info, since there is a local shoot this Saturday, I'll try to track down my delegate for approval.

Rick,

I'm not suggesting that the clubs have to provide it, it should be a shooter responsibility to have the most up to date average card in their possession.

When the effort to produce online documentation exceeded the benefit to the members a case could be made for not expending the effort. The number of household in the US that have internet, smartphones or community access at library, senior centers, and other places is greater that those without. Please don't penalize those that have/use the internet because of those that don't or choose not to. According to internetworldstats.com 78.3% of the US population has internet access in some form, which shows the tipping point has already been well past for not providing data online for because not everyone has or chooses to use the internet.

Mike

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Mike,

Your Delegate's email address is on the Virginia state page at ShootATA.com.

Just explain what you need and there shouldn't be a problem.

5. vatrap

vatrap Member

Scott,

Thanks for the info, I have my delegates email address. Jeff travels quite a bit and it's sometimes hard to track him down, but I have already sent him an email. Since the local shoot is a 300 target handicap marathon, classification is sure to be a zoo this Saturday.

Thank,
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.