1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why cant I get my forearm to latch on my LC Smith

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g7777777, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hammers are cocked- it latched before--- if I pull the triggers and hold the forearm against the barrel it will cock

but if I let my hand go the forearm pops away from the barrels?

rolling the part up to latch it doesnt seem to work

Any ideas?

regards from Iowa

Gene

PS-- it latched before

2. fishkiller

fishkiller Member

My dads smith had a loose forearm like that . I took the forearm off and clamped a small vise-grip to the spring tensioner and pulled up and away from the forearm a VERY SMALL! amount. It took me a couple times to get it right but the gun has worked properly ever since. Mike

3. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Had similar problem with extractor only LC Smith 20 ga.. Two screws at receiver end of forearm were loose and threads in wood were pulled/worn out. Had to degrease wood and rebed with epoxy.

4. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Check at the LC Smith collectors forum. Them guys can fix you right up. Bill

5. primer

primer TS Member

I am sorry to use your thread but I have a LC Smith SBT that I can't take the forarm off the barrel when barrel is off the gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.