1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHY CAN"T WE JUST COPY AND PASTE ON THIS SITE?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    I really enjoy this site, BUT, why can't we just be able to copy and paste to put pictures on this site? For some reason my computer will not allow me to post pictures the way this site has it set up? I have had numerous people walk me through attempting to post pictures, etc. Never works, and none of them know why it won't work. It would make it so much easier to just copy and paste?
    Steve Balistreri

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

WHY CAN

ask Bob Lawless ...

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

WHY CAN

Steve, specifically what are you trying to "copy and paste"? the photo? the web address of the photo? what?

In order to appear on the forum in a posting, a photo has to have an internet address.

Photos that exist in websites on the internet have web addresses but in most cases it's illegal to link directly to them and have them appear someplace else.

Photos that live in files in your computer don't have an internet address so no one can see them but you. How did those photos get into your computer.

If you transfer (upload) one of your photos to this web site's photo server, it receives an internet address and can be seen by everyone.

MK

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

WHY CAN

Click on Insert/Upload Image.

Browse (Find the photo on your computer).

upload.

Select if you wish for the photo to be before or after the wording in your posting.

If you get a message that the window is trying to close, click yes.

joepotosky_2008_03034.jpg

If your on dialup, it may take some time for the photo to upload to the server.

5. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

WHY CAN

I think it was because the paste would make David's server stick now and then. ;>) ....Rick

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

WHY CAN

Joe,

Before you edited your post, you indicated that it was no longer true that photos posted here needed an internet address. That's wrong. Everything seen on the internet has an internet address. This is the internet address assigned to your photo by this web site's server. It can be found in the source code for your posting:

<center>http://www.trapshooters.com/uploads/joepotosky_2008_03034.jpg</center>

Click on it and your photo will appear independently of the forum. It will also come up in a Google search if the proper parameters are used in the search query. A couple of your other posted photos and the web sites they were posted in come up in a Bing image search using just your sign-in name. Anybody anywhere can see it if they click this address because it's now stored on TS.com's servers at that address.

MK

7. senior smoke

WHY CAN

Thanks, I will try one last time. My wife just said people like me should have to take a computer course before a store sells one to people like myself. She offered to help me and I told her I can do it myself. She said I must be one of the most stubborn people on this earth.
    Steve Balistreri

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

WHY CAN

RE internet address:

Previously on this site you had to host your photo on another server and link to the photo. No longer an issue...

Yes. it's true every photo has an address on this type of board, but no longer, as all can post photos directly to this talkboard via there hard drive.

Was just trying to keep the answer simple and not confuse...

9. senior smoke

WHY CAN

Hello:
    I can get the picture to show when I ask to upload, but I can't get the picture to post on this thread?

10. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

WHY CAN

Wow...lots of great advice, explanations and helpful hints on how to upload images into the threads.

...but no answer as to why you cannot "cut and paste" images into the threads. Oh well.

Where am i going with this? How about some emoticon? ...now that woould make TS interesting!

11. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

WHY CAN

There are reasons why some posters shouldn't post pic's here anyway!

Emoticon's? What is this kindergarden class.

ss

12. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

WHY CAN

Silver, it has been answered, pics need an internet address to be viewed on this forum, copy and paste can't do that. Photo-bucket and other servers can give your pics an address, TS.Com's server does the same thing now, so no reason to use photo-bucket anymore, unless thats where you like to store pics. Wayne

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

WHY CAN

You must be from Wisconxin. You cannot cut/copy/paste pctures. and your problem is that in Wisconsin thye only know Kodak adn other gif pictures. The server only accepts JPGs or jpegs. Smoke If you re doigng gifs (and you prob dont' know the difference), you will never work with the simple TS.com system.

I'll help whenever you want to contact me.

SS I'm fro Wisconsin. I understand how to coach you thru this

715-262-8556 AM

Jack

14. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

WHY CAN

MIA/Jack point out a very good point, thei site only accept "jpg" or jpeg" files. If your photos are in other formats, you'll still need "photobucket"

If this is the case, try this:

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"> postpic2.png </a>

15. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

WHY CAN

^UP....

16. senior smoke

WHY CAN

I been attempting this all night long. Finally I have a neighbor who is in computers and he says the problem is on my end. Thanks for all your help.
    Steve

17. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

WHY CAN

"Life is a period of adjustment."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.