1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Britain is a has been nation....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Seems too many people are walking into lampposts while sending text messages, injuring themselves. 68,000 of them last year.<br>
    <br>
    Yeah, you guessed it. The obvious solution. Pad the lampposts.

2. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Before I retired, I had a chance to visit England several times.

Monte Python could do a nice movie on the padded lamp posts.

The Brits, like many nations in Europe, use more cell phones than the United States due to the inefficiencies of their land based telephone companies.

England, since the end of WW II was "The sick man of Europe." However, the discovery of oil in the North Sea has helped restore England and the English economy is now doing well. Still, they have a lot of quirky ideas and drive on the wrong side of the road.

They have a national fascination with open wheel racing which I like better than the current NASCAR. If NASCAR was like it was during the 1960’s, with real cars and Richard Petty in a MOPAR, I would like it better.

The young girls in London dress very nice and speak with a wonderful, clear voice. I still see them and hear them in my dreams.

Ed Ward

3. Harold

Harold TS Member

Funny story, but the Brits aren't really about to pad all their lampposts. It was a publicity stunt.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Publicity stunt. LOL. But it shows that the Brits have gone whacky enough that people believe something like that out of them.

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Hey...no matter how imbalanced they may be sometimes...at least when the stuff hits the fan, they always have our back...unlike the crepe' eaters

6. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Government save me from myself.

Damacraps will suggest it here next or better yet federally mandate it unfunded of course.

Rock

Jim

7. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

A far cry from what I saw when I toured Europe in 1969. The Germans were going great guns, but in England things moved slow. Work at nine, tea at 11, lunch from 12-2. I didnt see much of the middle class. (if they ever had one), mostly haves and have nots. Glad to hear things are doing better.

Maybe because the Germans own half of manufacturing now?

Regards...Gerald

8. porky

porky TS Member

ngland still has somewhat of a caste system. Whatever your father was, you will be. Some have broken away, but the majority that stay in England are doing what their fathers did for a living.

9. Murphy

Murphy Member

Let not bash the Brits, they are the best friend the US has

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Amen Murph...and as hard as the US is to like from the from the point of view of the outside world..we DO need all the friends we can get

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

We are lucky enough to have a family from England as our neighbors. The man is here under a military training/exchange program. Best neighbors we have ever had, I really like their sense of humor. We talk a lot about the differences and similarities of our counties and from what I can tell there really are very few differences other than the obvious wealth of land and natural resources in this country. I'm going to miss these folks when they return to their country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.