1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Beauracrats Cannot be Trusted with Health Care

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by jimrich60, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

My wife is at home today, on a state mandated "furlough" day (one of eight required during the fiscal year) from her job at the University of Wisconsin as a Department Director. But her case provides a perfect example of why bureaucrats cannot be trusted to run our health care. The reason for this is that, in direct contrast to the ordinary state/university employee, my wife directs a function which is, in fact, a profit center for the University. Not only her wages, but the wages of all her employees are paid directly from the earnings of her department, not from taxes or other state revenues. Her department grosses over 1 million per year, with a net profit of something over a quarter million dollars annually (profits which go directly to helping fund the University every year). Thus, while on mandated furlough, not only is the state not saving any money, it is actually costing the state income. Obviously the bureaucrats in charge of the state furlough program do not understand the differences in types of "state" employees, and simply cannot understand that putting some of those employees on "furlough" actually hurts the budget problems (my wife's department is not unique as there are other profit centers as well) But as typical of all bureaucrats, they obviously simply cannot grasp or deal with such differences in employee status, type, etc and simply mandate a "one size fits all" approach, just as they will for health care if they get control of it.

Jim R

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Trusting a politician with tax money is like handing teenage boys a bottle of whiskey and car keys.

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Suck it up, someday she will retire and you will have to put up with her "all" the time:)

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Talk about confused...I just got my sign up papers today for Medicare..I feel like I signing up to pay the premium trip price to sail on Titanic II

5. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

"Suck it up, someday she will retire and you will have to put up with her "all" the time:)"

Actually, we like being home (or away) together. My point was simply that bureaucrats would rather lose money than take any time or effort to figure out sane or sensible programs and policies. If they get control, then welcome to "healthcare h*ll"

Jim R

6. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Just be thankful you are not getting all the government you are paying for.

7. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

They under estimated cash for clunkers,and H1N1 flu shots.

How in the #ell do they think they can run a National Health Care System?

Bo

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Politicians can't reach down in their pants and get the same count twice.

When counting to 21 you can hear the shoes come off and the zipper goes down.

Inbred idiots.

FIRE'EM ALL. This is the year of the voter. Take advantage of it.

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Consider the wisdom contained in these two paragraphs written by Adam Smith over 230 years ago. England has been gradually losing sight of this lesson and the U.S. is right behind them. (Reminder: the word "spendthrift" means the opposite of a thrify person)

<i>"In the midst of all the exactions of government, capital has been silently and gradually accumulated by the private frugality and good conduct of individuals, by their universal, continual, and uninterrupted effort to better their own condition. It is this effort, protected by law and allowed by liberty to exert itself in the manner that is most advantageous, which has maintained the progress of England towards opulence and improvement in almost all former times...

It is the highest impertinence and presumption, therefore, in kings and ministers, to pretend to watch over the economy of private people, and to restrain their expense... They are themselves always, and without any exception, the greatest spendthrifts in the society. Let them look well after their own expense, and they may safely trust private people with theirs. If their own extravagance does not ruin the state, that of their subjects never will."</i>

-Gary

10. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

jimrich60

You have a PM.

sissy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.