1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why ATA Should Triple All Fees

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pdq, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdq

pdq Member

I know, I know -- many of you will think I'm the devil or maybe a terrorist for suggesting such a thing.

But consider.

Current ATA fees are $20/year. Triple that, and they are $60. That increase is less than the cost of a single flat of shells. For the year.

Fees charged at registed club events -- triple them.

Here's the important part -- what to do with all this new found money?

Simple. Create added money events at the regional grands and GA measured in the hundreds of thousands of $$$$$$. Get it to the point where local TV stations want to see the shoot-offs, pump up the drama because of all the money involved. Get it back to the point where manufacturers other than just gun manufactures and ammo companies support the sport.

Make it be so that youth shooters can win money in a big way.

Stop being cheap and complaining about why we have a dying sport.

Make it the hottest thing around, better than golf. But -- and this is a big "but" -- realize that playing a day of golf isn't a $8 day. However, realize that people wait all week to play their golf, take their kids with them to play, and lose more balls in the woods and water than the cost of a couple boxes of shells. THat's including all green fees, cart rentals, then lunch and drinks at the 19th hole afterwards.

Just something to think about.

Pete

pdq

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Pete, ya have a darn good idea there. I'll send ya my address so you can reimburse me for these added expenses, no problem there is it? And when I win some of it back, I'll send it on to you. Deal????

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

And when you and the big dogs (if any are left) wonder where the money went (no one else shooting) look back at this thread and wonder what it would have been like if it just stayed the way it was.

4. 682Fan

682Fan TS Member

An excellent business model. A handfull of the ATA population will compete for all this money.
    Stop smoking the cheap stuff.

5. kenpo11cincy

kenpo11cincy TS Member

the ATA system is crap! You have a hand full of so called amateurs sucking up the money at every big event. Spending $1000's with little to no return can't imagine why younger people wouldn't want to jump right in to donate there money to the big dogs...... what a joke...the sport will be dead in 10-15 years try finding anyone under 40 shooting at clubs!

6. earlybird

earlybird TS Member

Point is; I think we pretty well KNOW what it'll be like "if it just stays the way it was."

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

were The Martins satisfied with the way the ATA distributed their money?

I don't think so.

8. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

I would think that the Martins had input on how the money was paid out and were ok with how it was paid.

It was announced that they will donate $300,000 again next year for the Handicap Shoot off and Lewis purse; plus an additional $50,000 for a lady's handicap shoot off.

Jason

9. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I love this!

A bunch of wannabees, hasbeens and neverwazzes complaining about money that they will never have the ability to win!

If you don't like the way that the money is paid out ... DON'T PLAY THE OPTIONS AND PURSES!

10. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I don't believe this is the first time this idea has been presented.....maybe not the second or the third for that matter.

11. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

The TV and sponsorship money should come first.

There's none in view.

Have we talked to the Sultan of Brunei?

12. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Hell, I'm lucky to afford a BT99 and a few shells to shoot. I pay my twenty bucks annually and occasionally register a few targets mostly at big 50's. If they need more support than that I suggest Warren Buffett or George Soros.

13. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The best advice I got was from the late Pat Ireland, if you don't play the options , you can afford to shoot factory shells.

Got my reduced life membership @ age 65---9 years to go till I beat the system.

Phil Berkowitz

14. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Pete do you work for Obama.

15. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Let the cronies pay for rent at Sparta themselves.

16. happytrapper

happytrapper TS Member

Hey PDQ why not triple all the options fees while your at it. Then when everyone quits shooting trap they can turn all the big trap clubs into golf courses.

17. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

When times are tuff- honk your steady customers-ridiculous idea.

18. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Who's to say the money will go to the right people or things. The ATA officals have not done the right thing with what they have already, so what do you think they are going to do with this extra money your talking about?

We should have our own place by now but we don't. We should have alot more money in the bank but we don't. Money is coming in but we don't know where its going. We the members are kept in the dark on that point.

I don't mind the due's going up as long as its going to buy our own place and help the sport and not some fat AH's pocket.

19. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Dr. Longwind

Please explain your post ..

"were The Martins satisfied with the way the ATA distributed their money?

I don't think so."

Did Bill or his wife call you and complain about how their money was distributed??

20. Ted Alsteen

Ted Alsteen Member

Instead of instantly jumping on the guy for a idea that seems very reasonable try to at least see the benefits. I believe we should have raised all entry fees along time ago as long as the money was spent on good trophies. Even short yardage D class shooters could still benefit.

Ted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.