1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Aren't Junior and Sub Juniors In School?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by buzzgun, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Because their Mommies and Daddies know what's really important for them...hauling them and their fat asses around with their $10,000 guns, paying their entry fees for them & teaching them "good sportsmanship" (cussing at pullers, shoot officials, etc.)

2. 90T3200

90T3200 TS Member

Could be home school, could be they're enrolled in an accredited internet study school.

Its not anyone elses concern, so whats the matter? Sore cause some kid beat your ass or something?

3. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

That is an unfair statement. Their not all fatasses. Just kidding...It is an unfair statement. Some of the families really struggle to keep their kid in shells and entry fees.

I think the "All American" thing is overrated. It is about money and how many targets you shoot, and travel to the important shoots, not what your real average is or could be. 3 regional shoots and your overall average should be the criteria, not multiple state shoots that require big dollars to attend. it limits the qualifiers.

Some of the kids that don't have rich parents might just kick the butt of an all american if they had the bucks to travel. Even the adult all american status is flawed by the criteria required to qualify.

but.... who knows, no other system has been recently tried.

4. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5. blooch

blooch Member

Guess it depends on where you are, and the game you are talking about, but my All American skeet shooter son never leaves his home state and does most of his shooting in the summer. He does get, by state law, 18 days a year he can miss for extracirricular activities, like UIL literay meets, football games, basketball, skeet shoots, etc. He can use them as we see fit. He has to make up the class work just like any other excused absence.

BTW, he makes straight A's and is not fat. He shoots a used Krieghoff 32 and we drive a 7 year old Suburban. Best we can do and raise our other child who is about to enter TAMU.

Don't get your drawers in a wad about getting beat by a kid, it's going to happen. Anyone should be glad it continues to if they want the shooting sports to have a future.

6. blooch

blooch Member

One more thing, my kid would loose his gun permanently if he ever told off or cussed out anybody. The worst behavior I have personally seen at any shoot was by adults, not kids.

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Blooch, it sounds like you and your son have your head's on straight.

Congrats to you both and keep up the good works!

Hauxfan!

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Me too Blooch, Kudos to both of you....breakemall....even 2 from low 8.....Bob Dodd

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

buzzy, slow the motor down, your drifting to fast!

10. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

When I was a kid, I used to skip out of school to go hunting and fishing. After I got "caught", my parents approved the absences. It did not hurt me, I have a graduate degree in engineering, I have a nice career, I have been able to participate in some very good projects that have actually helped our country. I will not trash someone for shooting trap on a Friday.

11. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

Kids who do things with their parents and who have a real interest in something seldom have behavior problems or difficulty with the law. As a school principal I encouraged students to find something that they enjoyed and then work at improving and enjoying that activity. This interest could be in the music area or athletics, hiking, or hunting fishing and even trapshooting. Anyone who is criticizing kids for being involved in healthy activities are sick people. Get a life Buzzgun! Now, no more trolling.

12. blooch

blooch Member

haux, joe, dodd...........thank you very much.

My son got a check today from a local booster club for his FFA projects, he wants to buy clothes and a sleeve of primers, and save the rest.....made me proud of my 13 year old.

13. Mac V

Mac V Guest

<blockquote>"...hauling them and their fat asses around with their $10,000 guns, paying their entry fees for them & teaching them "good sportsmanship" (cussing at pullers, shoot officials, etc.)"</blockquote>

What's the difference if they're in school or not...if they go to school, their friends will teach them most of that stuff anyway.

Mike

14. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

15. calilori

calilori TS Member

Yeah...what Kym said.....LOL......sorry I couldnt resist, it's Monday and I'm tired from a long weekend.

16. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

blooch, Im proud of you and your son. We have (in my opine) numerous young people and there parents that travel alot and they are a credit to this sport. In some cases these kids parents have made a huge personal finacial sacrifice. So if these kids were phenomes in football, baseball basketball or whatever, or not even good at any of these sports, they still get so many days off to travel with the team. The school pays for the most part. These parents pay for it all on there own. This is not a team sport, its all about there own ability, yet at the same time? they learn, how to deal with pressure,they learn how to loose, thereby they appreciate how to value the win. As an example, how many of you have shot yourself into a shootoff say at midyardage against a 27 yard shooter and won? the 27 yard shooter was a 20 year vet and your 16. That my friends is what its all about. My hats are off to the parents and these young people that make the grade. They are all AAA to me!

Dennis

17. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

For the life of me I cannot understand how any person would make a post like this????????

I have shot with several sub-juniors and juniors over the past few years. And some have attained All American status. I have never seen a problem with these young gentlemen.

And one that I have shot with for years, not only attained All American status for the past 3 years, but has maintained a 4+ grade average, is currently the student body president of his school, and was just accepted to one of the finest univerities in this great country.

If you have a problem with a certain person than I believe you should direct your comments to that persons parents. To make generalized comments only shows the level of your intelligence. - Jim Elliott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.