1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are primers so high $$

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BT-100dc, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Anyone know why the continual increase in the price of all types of primers (pistol, rifle & shotgun) as compared with wads & powder? Seems like at least a 50% price increase since the beginning of 2007. Correct me if I'm wrong but other than lead, primers have increased in price more than other components. This question is geared toward reloading, not the new shell prices. Darrell

2. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

It is called American Economics. If you are dumb enough to pay the high prices, they are more and willing to take your money!

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Supply and demand, I can tell you that finding small and large rifle primers in my area is not easy. I suspect panic buying plays a part.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Load Fio 616's, or Chedittes. They work fine, at a much lower cost.

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

They're doing like the appliance store - everybody pays the delivery/hazmat surcharge. Sorta like the guy I used to buy rock off of, one day he's says, "It'll be an extra $25 this time because of the high price of gas." I live 6 miles from the quarry and he lives between the quarry and my house. Haven't needed any rock for a couple of years now.

6. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Drew, only a true "SUCKER" doesn't realize or care when he/she is being had.

Buz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

why are pistol primers considered hazmat