1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are my pictures small?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Harv Shell, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have never had a problem posting pictures in the past that were full sized, lately they all show up like thumbnails. What am I doing wrong, or has something changed here?

I usually use Photobucket, but tried direct upload from desktop with same result. Harv

2. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Harv,

I see what you mean. I get the same results with your picture, but not with mine. Don't know why either.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Harv Shell

I have uploaded from my phone and a camera with the same result. Another computer illiterate problem I suspect.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    you can resize it

5. joe kuhn

Have you got a second computer to try?

6. joe kuhn

How to resize?

7. Shawn

Shawn Member

If you click on properties for both pics Harv's is 222 X 166 Pixels
    Joe's Picture is 800 X 600 Pixels.

Either Harv's taking pics that are very low res or he is inadvertanly resizing them prior to posting.

Shawn

8. Harv Shell

Shawn, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but that makes sense. I have been emailing the pictures to myself, maybe that's where the problem is. I have told the phone to send full size, and large size. Both end up the same size in the email. Harv

9. Shawn

Shawn Member

Harv
    I would check the phone to see what the resolution is set at when you are taking pictures. If it is higher like 800 X 600 then they are being resized when emailing. You should be able to change the email setting if that is the case.

Good luck

Shawn

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Harv I downloaded irfanView at the wed address listed above. If you make it your default photo program all your photos will still be stored in you photo program but they will open in irfanView. Then you can make them any size you want.

[​IMG]

Your picture now mine.

[​IMG]

Or even larger if I wish.

[​IMG]

Now I can make it smaller also. I won't do it here because as you can see I can can change the sizes. Your camera (phone) or what ever you are using is fairly low megapixels. I have a couple of cameras that are 14 megapixels or larger and I can make the photos fill the screen with out loosing quality.

BTW the program is a free down load if you find out you can't figure it out or you don't get along with it you can delete it with no problems. It will take some experamenting but anyone should be able to figure it out.

Bob Lawless