1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are category CH 2nd class CH

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by firecracker, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firecracker

firecracker TS Member

I was just looking at my Oct-07 issue of T&F and realized the ATA treats category champions as second class champions. I know the Oct. issue is a month old but I have been drifting away from the ATA for some time now. Back to the subject, I realized that the Lady's, Junior, S-Junior, Vet, etc. champions at the Grand American don't even get a full page picture in T&F. If the ATA is going to call these people Champions shouldn't they get the same recognition as the other "CHAMPIONS". If they are "Champions" shouldn't they get a ring like the other "CHAMPIONS"? What's up with this? No I am not a category shooter. Also, after reading Dave Kaiser's column, I realized the "punch for money " is only a punch for money if you aren't on the 27! Why is it that all the changes over the years have been to penalize the less talented and keep them from being competitive. I think if it is looked at honestly the 27 yard shooters win the most money and all the rules changes decrease the chances for the lesser talented shooter to win. Not just for a shoot or ten but for a couple of years just because they had a good day. What gives with this asociation? Is it an Amateur association or has it been taken over by the not so amateurist group of elite shooters? cracker

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Just whining and complaining. Common action anymore. Think how many covers would they have to have. Get fricking real.

Don

3. firecracker

firecracker TS Member

Hey BigD--- is there anything the ATA could do better in your mind? Do you even subscribe to T&F? I never mentioned the cover you just read into these posts whatever you want. Why don't you try thinking before engaging your finger? Why don't you borrow someone's copy of the October 2007 issue and look at all the Faux covers? What would it take to include the Category shooters. They all shot just as hard to win at the Grand. It's people like you that drive many from the ATA. Do you have an original thought on how the category champions at the Grand should be recognized? cracker

4. 870

870 Well-Known Member

I think they do a good job of recognizing the Champions. The Category winners are simply not the same thing as event Champions. Neither are Class winners. Event Champions are the highest awards and should receive the highest recognition, which they do.

The Champion rings etc. go to those that took on all comers and won. Category and Class wins are not equal.

5. firecracker

firecracker TS Member

870, thanks for your response. I agree somewhat. I think the competition is so tough at the Grand that the category shooters who win at the Grand deserve similar recognition as received by the event champions. Perhaps a valuable pin instead of the ring or a smaller less valuable ring. After all how many shooters ever repeat as champions of any group at the Grand American Tournament. BTW, can anyone tell me what Medallion Awards are and how they are earned? cracker

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Mr firecracker of the motor mouth clan; Try reading you own post, you are the one that wants a full page picture like the champions. So answer my question how many cover pages do you want, that is where the pictures were. What does T & F have to do with the ATA?? By the way I have been reading T & F probably longer than you have been shooting, so jump into your own crap. If you want recognition in T&F try writing to the editor and expressing your views, I am sure Ms. Heeg would listen.

Sorry cracker you are just another member of the anti 27 yd society, speaking of what you know little about. Think on this, the 27 yarders win the most money because they PLAY the most money. What's the use you will never get it.

Don

7. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roger

8. firecracker

firecracker TS Member

BigD, you wrote " So answer my question how many cover pages do you want," there can only be one cover you IDIOT. You don't read and comprehend very well do you? Re-read my post CAREFULLY I wrote I am NOT a category shooter. Also, if the 27 yarders shot for their own money they would soon stop so others are also playing. They play the most? maybe, but did you ever stop and think it's because they win the most? Handicap stopped being a true handicap event a long time ago and most shooters have realized they were just feeding the hogs by playing the purses and options. When the same people win time after time after time with no further handicap the system no longer works. Fix the system and the money will come back. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE MAN!! cracker

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Well idiot if you read the T & F as you so stated then you would know that T & F had a cover for each champion. If you really can read then look at the T & F and see how many non-27 yarders won at the Grand. The kid on the very front, GAH winner was from short yardage, Lady won from short yardage. Because a shooter has worked hard and perfected his skills you call him a HOG. Because a shooter does well you call him a HOG. Because a shooter can whip your butt you call him a HOG. Do you take dumb ass pills or were you born that way?? You want to change the system so your average butt can win, what a great system that would be. You can change the system any way you want and the HOGs will continue to whip your dumb ass.

Don

10. firecracker

firecracker TS Member

BigD, look up the definition of cover and then look up the definition of idiot or you can just look in the mirror. OK, perhaps hog was too strong. It really isn't the fau;t of the better shooters that the ATA rules take care of them, it's the ATA. Ouch, I felt that! I forgot in your mind the ATA is perfect. But some, not many (OK two that I know for sure), of the top shooters do think the short yardage shooters deserve a better shake. cracker

11. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

we need to take all of money betting out of this amature sport. it would be a better game for everyone. after all what have you done when you have beaten some rookie who was trying to learn?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.