1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are Bowen guns not selling

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by k80bav, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k80bav

k80bav Member

Just curious as to why Bowen guns are not selling. There is a really nice one on this sight at a great price and no one shows any interest. Am I missing something as to why this gun is still for sale? I do not know the seller or have any interest in the gun just wondering.

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

High-end specialty guns have a limited market, so re-sale suffers - that's all. Same with Mach-Ones -- despite hand-built quality, many of those who can afford one are reluctant to buy because of the depreciation they fear. Even Ljutics and Seitz guns suffer from this to a degree. People also fear parts availability and losing factory support if the company folds.

That's a shame too. These folks are working their butts off designing and building high-quality products in the USA and I'm pretty sure they're not getting rich doing it.

-Gary

3. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I sold one last year.
    Don

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yeah, but if Romney gets elected they'll all get seized and melted down by da gub'ment!

-Gary :p

5. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

I'm not altogether sure what, except for a few small trigger springs, would wear out on a Bowen, the small trigger parts that move ate gold plated titanium and harder than a banker's heart - based on the original Seitz Single-Barrel Trap Gun the design is simple, elegant and strong.

The problem with the more expensive guns is for 90% of trapshooter's they can never be the perfect gun because to them a perfect trapgun is one they can buy cheap enough used so they can shoot it for a year or two and then sell it for 50% more than they paid for it.

6. JayZap

JayZap Active Member

K80bav; I've never known you NOT to be interested in a new gun! :)

7. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Deleted by Moderator and warning sent! 7-6-12

8. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

I'm just curious. If I had one at a shoot and something went wrong with it, who would fix it?

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Probably the same person who would fix your Kolar, Perazzi, Beretta, Browning, Krieghoff, Ljutic etc. etc. etc. at that shoot.

10. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

At most shoots there is nobody there to fix your gun, regardless of the make. If it is a big enough shoot, Phil will likely be there and he'll take care of it.

11. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

EB, you buy one. If it breaks, I'll fix it for you.

Jimmy Bowen

12. tincanman

tincanman Member

Web page appears to be a host of dead links. How can they build exact copies of a Seitz?

13. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

ebsurveyor --- give me an example of what has gone wrong with your guns at shoots before and maybe I can give you an idea what to do.

Have you ever looked at a Bowen to see how few parts there are?

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

tincanman,

Why not PM Mr. Bowen(Ithaca$$$Grade) himself and ask your questions. He posted right above yours.

15. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

firing pins, ejectors, hammer springs can all break. I will admit that it has only happened to me using P Guns & K Guns. Never with any of my Silver Seitzs. I have been looking at an $8000 bowen (asking price).

16. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Mr. Bowen(Ithaca$$$Grade) was shooting a Beretta that last time I shot with him.

17. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Bruce Bowen did not fix my friends Bowen waited 3 months for parts, so he traded it to A Dealer In Texas and he still has it for sale.

Bowens jump open when shooting, thats a fact, but not all of them.

Ejectors fail and broke that was the part he waited on for 3 months.

If memory servres me right he had to have one made, or he had to have the replacement fitted.

Bruce stated on previous threads he was out of the Trap Gun Mfging Business.

A friend bought 3 of them from Cabellas in Indiana as they would not sell, he got them CHEAP.

Gary

18. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

GW22:

What makes you think Romney, if elected, will melt your guns?
    I think you've been listening to much to the far left.

19. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Obamma is Like the Little Black Boy that Snuck Into the Candy Store, taking all he can get.

Then hid his College Thessis Paper that was anti-american just like Michelle is Anti-American

And hides his Kenyan Birth Right, Even Kenya says he was born there, and is building an Memorial To Him.

Gave Billions to build Solar Panels, Went Bankrupt, bet he and Sorros Got a kickback out of it.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

20. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. The world has come to an end????? DR Longblow now is giving his take on politics. Think Im gonna puke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bruce bowen trapshooter