1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why 2 Hole Targets???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cimmaronkid, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

Having just started getting back into trap after a long layoff, I have been wondering why we started shooting 2 hole targets and not staying with the 3 hole targets? Was the game getting to difficult for everyone? What happened? Pat

2. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

And a clumsy cast into the swirling water. Is there one left in there? One who will still rise to the well worn lure? We wait with baited breath.

3. Hauser

Hauser Member

The demise of the three hole target was the beginning of the end of civilization.

Jerry Hauser 23October2007

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

The ATA is trying to make the game easier not harder for people. That is why they went to the 2 hole.

5. clays

clays TS Member

it's so the average shooter can shoot above average scores. simple plan

6. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

Jim,

Not bitching as I would actually shoot 3 hole targets. My question was why they changed and allow two hole targets which takes an element of skill out of the game. Pat

7. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Gee insight you sound like a well rounded know it all shooter. I'm sure you've shot all the clubs with Pat Traps and know that the traps are ajustable and thus are adjusted to comply with ATA and or PITA requirements. The originator of this thread asked a legitement question which I think deserves a answer based on some ones knowledge. I also shot three hole targets when I started and would have voted against the change to two hole targets if given a vote.

Post-2

8. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

Better to use 90 MM targets instead of the current 108mm. Off course, some minor machine modification will be in order.....

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Just for grins and giggles, a veteran shooter asked me to set our "olde pharte's field" for three hole. No big problem, when I next loaded the machine, I performed the dirty deed. Several hours later, I changed it back.

NOT ONE SHOOTER NOTICED!!!

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Dear Drew

The object of this lesson is that there is precious little difference in the targets. A little wind makes a lot more difference. Scores were about the same. Lighten up. Life is short, then you die, and your wife sells your gun collection for a song.

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Cimmaron,

I take it you are now shooting near perfect scores on these easy targets?

12. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

Check the thread: 2 - 50 bird derbys / which will most attend?

13. tj303

tj303 Member

When is the rule change to one hole effective?

14. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

Is there any way that we could drill another hole in the machine so that it could be set to throw 2-1/2 hole targets?

Can't we all just get along?.......;-)

15. lumper

lumper TS Member

Gene Hamman ... why are you trolling me and trying to involve me in this bullcrap topic of discussion?

16. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

They the ATA have went from the 3 hole target to the 2 hole target. In time they will go to 1 hole target then the final move to the center hole target. They don't want to hurt anyones feeling. The game is suppose to be hard not easy.

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Im with Wanker and Harold on this one.

It was primarily the choice of the clubs. Since they were cheating by throwing 2 hole anyway, it then became rule.

The common thought was that you had to throw puppy targets to attract more (puppy) shooters.

The rule is virtually unenforceable anyway, since there are no target police. If it didn't make them a laughingstock, some clubs would throw them even easier.

I personally would like enforced 3 hole everywhere.

HM

18. Little Limber

Little Limber TS Member

yawn........

LL

19. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Popcorn is about ready...who wants butter?

20. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Pat.....they went to two hole because it was easier. That also made the hot shots look better at all the big shoots. Two hole should never be shot again. Three hole at least makes the game a little more challenging!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.