1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why 135?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Recoil Sissy, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Terry:

It's all very mystical...

A full squad is five shooters firing at 25 targets each. That's 125. Throw in a few extra targets for a "let's see one" target, an occasional broken target or a failure to fire or adjusting the trap and 135 per box is just about right.

sissy

2. Ray Zeilinger

Ray Zeilinger Member

I think it has to do with 5 member squad x25 targets =125. throw in 10 for breakage and "seeing one"..

Ray

3. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

The above posts explain the "mystery" rather well. I'll add just one more piece to the puzzle.............

Targets are arranged in (9) stacks within the carton box. At 15 per stack, times the 9 stacks, we arrive at 135 targets per case. To decrease each stack to even ONE target less (14), we would have but 126 in the case. That would not allow for ANY margin of error or breakage, as all 126 would be required for the squad to fire at, and the "see one" bird.

Given that - one can see that 135 is not really so mysterious - after all.

4. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pat:I have one of those stacks of targets.The newspaper is the front page of the New York Times showing the U.S.Army and the Soviets linking up at Torgau Germany in the last stages of WW-2.The paper is yellowed but in rather good shape....KS-OKIE.

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Wal-mart sells targets 90 in a case..

6. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Because that's how many that they need to throw for me to break 100.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

90 is a box that looks like you're getting something. Also happens to be 2/3 of a box for just al ittle less than 135. People with hand throwers just shoot, no formal rounds. Probably easier to handle, etc.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.