1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHY 135 TARGETS in a Box??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by break25, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. break25

break25 TS Member

Yes I understand Breakage, but why 135? Five rounds of 25 and 2 targets per, breakage equals 135? "LET's see one"? Now a days with the voice pullers the breakage is higher with loud talkers,noisy closing guns and forgetting to turn off the machines when changing positions etc.

How does your club figure the amount of breakage with the transportation, loading and the operation of the machines and common causes?

CHAZZ

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

We don't. We figure anything over 125 is a gift and let it go at that. BTW we throw around 1.5 million targets a year betweeen trap, skeet & sporting clays.

Eric

3. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

ssshhhhhhhhhh !!!..don't give the target manufacturers any ideas or they'll cut back with no freebies!!!.....Uncle Sam, Pa.

4. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

10 per case.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

shoot-offs?

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Doubles; including "see one" at each post! The list goes on.....Bob Dodd

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have examined many target boxes over the years and based on the size of the box and the way they stack them on pallets I can't figure out how they could get anymore or put any less targets in a box that size ... Go figure ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"I can't figure out how they could get anymore or put any less targets in a box that size"

Yep, that's the result of ordering 50,000,000 boxes of that size back in 1965. Until they run through that box order I guess it will have to be 135 per box. LOL

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Here's how to reduce breakage over voice calls. Install coin boxes. Worked for us. Jake

10. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"I can't figure out how they could get anymore or put any less targets in a box that size"

Yep, that's the result of ordering 50,000,000 boxes of that size back in 1965. Until they run through that box order I guess it will have to be 135 per box. LOL

11. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Here's how to reduce breakage over voice calls. Install coin boxes. Worked for us. Jake

12. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: How does your club figure the amount of breakage

Put in a card or coin system. Breakage goes to almost nothing....

13. break25

break25 TS Member

Would you believe that some people think if you are paying $1.35 per carton, you were paying for 100 targets and getting 35 targets Free? I just used $1.35 as an example.

Isn't it like going to the store and buying a carton of eggs paying $1.20 for 10 eggs and getting 2 eggs free?

Joe, did you put in a COIN/Card system ? Great for Practice but what about Matches? Which system do you recommend?

I have no problem with the 135 Targets, I just wondered why 135?
    I figured some of the real old timers in this game knew.
    Maybe I'll ask a target rep.

Thanks to all who responded.

Chazz

14. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

And why a 90 pack?

15. break25

break25 TS Member

16. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: Joe, did you put in a COIN/Card system ? Great for Practice but what about Matches? Which system do you recommend?

Turn off the sytem for shoots...

The Jacksonville club in Florida has I think the Briley coin boxes. A club with many skeet and trap fields and no way to keep and eye on all shooters and/or to verify how many rounds were shot without resorting to paid pullers for practice.

Not a broken target received the last time I shot practice at the club.

If you talk to the right person at the club you would be amazed on how income has increased (throwing less targets) from the time the system was installed.

If you have an overly sensitive voice release, the system is not for 1100 shooters. Most clubs not a problem, but a few...

A club I shoot skeet and sporting clays at in Quebec (La Roue du Roy) has a key system installed. Works in all weather conditions.

17. break25

break25 TS Member

Thanks JOE

18. Jack10

Jack10 TS Member

135 is what works for shipping a square box. 9 stacks to a box 15 high = 135. If you could read and had read doggai's reply and were not stupid you would know this!

19. break25

break25 TS Member

Thanks Jack

20. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Why ream a guy out for asking a simple question?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.