1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whose release triggers? Krieghoff K80

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Jul 3, 2013.

1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

<center>
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Skeet_Man/media/002_zpsf488aabf.jpg.html" target="_blank"> 002_zpsf488aabf.jpg </a>
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Skeet_Man/media/001_zpsa96cdc8d.jpg.html" target="_blank"> 001_zpsa96cdc8d.jpg </a>
    </center>

Trying to determine manufacturer of the release triggers installed on the K80 I just purchased. I'm going to have the gun converted back to pull/pull, and would like to be able to accurately describe the release parts when I sell them. They are not marked in any way. They look like factory Krieghoff to me, but I am by no means a Krieghoff or release trigger expert.

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

There are many parts to take out for the release to work in another gun, the hooks are not worth much w/o all the parts necessary to put releases in another gun

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. skeet_man

I've seen K80 hooks sell for $400+ a pair on this forum in the past.

Whatever comes out of the gun as far as additional release parts will be sold together.

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

If it were me,I'd want my releases taylormade to my receiver---Send that pic to KI and if they're K hooks,they should work but with a smith that knows how to fit----JMO----SJB

5. sts1100

sts1100 Member

Skeetman, I believe you are high on the selling price for release parts. I sold the factory release parts for approximately $200 through trapshooters which covered the cost of removing the releases and setting the trigger back to pull.

The release in your photo do not appear to be factory.

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

They don't look like the factory releases in my Krieghoffs, either. You might wind up having to have hammers replaced to get good pull triggers again because those sears may have been stoned to get the releases working like the former owner wanted. I gave one of my Krieghoffs to my son, who still shoots pull triggers, and the resulting pull triggers were horrible after the release parts were removed. Rather than spend what it would cost in parts and labor to have them converted back properly, I sold the gun to a release trigger shooter.

Ed

7. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

I have two Krieghoffs with double releases for skeet done by Krieghoff International and your releases do not look like mine.

8. skeet_man

So far I've seen at least 3 different release designs (including one that looks similar to mine) that have been described as "factory releases". Maybe they had different generations over the years. Guess I'll have to send them a pic and see what they say.

9. skeet_man

They may be Bowen, based on the clevis pin style retainers (and I saw another set identified as bowen which look identical). Sent a PM to Doug Hubbard for his opinion.

10. skeet_man

No dice with Bowen, he says the clevis pins are his, but all of the hooks he did were stamped with his name. Back to the drawing board.

Search tags for this page
k 80 release release

k 80 release triggers

krieghoff k 80 parts

krieghoff release hooks

krieghoff release trigger

krieghoff release triggers
what is release triger krieghoff