1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

???????Who's the quickest????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by matttrapn, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

I do realize this is going to cause some discussion. GOOD.

In your opinion/s, who is the quickest trap shooter you can remember?

Britt Robinson comes to my mind, BUT, Ray Farrell from Rock Island, IL., was the quickest, I seen. I know the two men were in at least one shoot-off in a doubles event, some years back. Farrell won the shoot that day, and the doubles shoot-off too. Rumor has it that most were shocked at how fast these two shoot every target. Angles didnt have a chance to become "Hard" rights/lefts, they were just smoked.

2. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I know Dan Bonillas is quick.

Scott Gens es muy rapido too.

Seems like Britt has the rep for being fastest though.

3. KK

KK TS Member

I watched Kaye Oye shoot double and I couldn't believe how fast he was shooting. Daro Handy in his hay days wasn't exactly slow either. KK

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Gravestock was quick, a guy named Phil Frigon was quick but hands down Britt was the quickest and most deadly!

5. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

I used to shoot registered frequently on the same squad with Ray Farrell from Rock Island, Illinois, and he was definately the fastest shooter I have ever seen.

I swear I would almost hear his gun go off before I saw the target.

He eventually started flinching, and it was sad to watch. He quit trap shooting, and sold his Ljutic which had over a million rounds fired through it.

Jim

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Young Joe Charnigo from Ohio is very quick at doubles.

7. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Win1911...........You are right on. I watched young Steph shoot doubles at the Silver Dollar Club and he is FAST. He is also a very nice young man to speak with..........Dan

8. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the posters for Ray Farell, I have pulled (scorekeeper) for him many times at clubs around northern Iowa & Illinois also shot with him playing games (Annies, Brother In Laws, etc.)but he was shooting a mod. 31T.C. at that time. When pulling for him if i even saw the target it was probably called lost. Also in all those years i rarely saw him refuse a target he just broke em. He was a lot of fun to shoot with and be around..Sorry to hear he had quit...Ross Puls

9. otnot

otnot Active Member

Stef is the fastest on doubles I have ever seen.

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

Britt Robinson was the fastest doubles shooter I have ever seen. I think I saw him smoking the second bird before he called "pull".

Pat Ireland

11. vegas blaster

vegas blaster TS Member

For doubles it is 'young gun' Stef Carmichael... hands down. Jeff K.

12. old tex

old tex TS Member

Britt, when he was young he broke 27 yd. targets like they were 20 yds.

Of course he was also the best "reader" ever - I believe he was a primary cause of the interruptor being required but he could still read it 95% of the time.

His doubles looked like they were side by side and about 10 ft. apart.

13. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Mike Tucker from Arkansas is the quickest to the first bird that I have ever seen and I have watched most.

14. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I never saw him shoot but Stef Carmichael must be awfully fast to be faster than his dad. Steve used to tell the the story that he was shooting doubles and after one pair the puller called "no target." Steve didn't know why he called that because he thought he broke the pair. Steve was so fast that he didn't know the first target never came out.

15. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

I have never seen Steph shoot, but if he's as fast as his dad, that's as fast as it gets, including Britt. Not only was Steve fast, but in the center of most targets, and made it look sooooooooo easy!

milt

16. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Back in his days....Phil Ross would break them when they were still a blur to the rest of us.

17. otnot

otnot Active Member

When Stef shoots it sounds like one extended shot. Boom,Boom and it's two ink balls sxs. Amazing is all I can say. I watched Steve back in the 80's when he ran the club in Anchorage but his son is faster.

18. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

mette56, I would say that Stef is about the speed his dad was before Steve started using a release/pull, then dad was quicker.

I still say that Britt was quicker and quickest!

19. td_ict_ks

td_ict_ks TS Member

Gotta agree with Martin on Phil and Britt. They were "jawdroppers" watching them and it was before voice activated targets!

20. BMC

BMC Member

Jeff Holguin is the fastest I've seen. Joe Robey (TM1) is purdy darn quick too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.