1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's the best for 11-87 Rem Auto parts?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalvinMD, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Who

We have accumulated quite a collection of 11-87's that grew by one more today in our family...I'd like to get some spare barrel seal rings as well as O-rings to have on hand just in case(for 12ga)...any recommendations for the best/least expensive place to pick up a few sets and also a shell catcher?? Thanks Cal

2. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Try a search for Poppert's Gun Parts in Penn. I think. Not sure about a shell catcher but that where we buy our 870 and 110 parts. Remington's prices are not out of line either.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I prefer the Viton because they vastly outlast the cheaper Buna-N. I've never had a Viton burn out, but I have had the Buna-N's burn out. They are not rated as high for temp. The thing that kills the Viton o-rings is abrasion from disassembly, reassembly and cleaning. The drawback of the Vitons is their expense, like $5 and up from Rem, Brownells, et al. However, click the link. This guy is selling 20 of them for $10.

As far as the gas rings go, the official gas ring is the "one-piece" style (actually two interlocked rings). Remington used to have some of the original two-piece gas rings on hand, but now that Cerberus has taken over they've been dumping lots of Remington secondary or older parts, and have been jacking prices to the moon (synthetic stock sets that were $65 are now over $100.)

Brownells sells a gas seal kit consisting of the interlocking rings and a Viton o-ring for $19.99.

And hey, yeah, the 1187s sure grow on ya. I have four 1187s, one 1100, my daughter has an 1187, and my son has an 1187 and 1100.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Get the O rings at your local hardware store, should be about 3 for a dollar. HMB

5. CalvinMD

Thanks guys..will buy the good O-rings but need to know the size of the original so I can hit ACE just to get the gun going for tomorrow ...I'm lazy and should just get one of the working guns out to take one for compare but wouldn't mind knowing just to get to the right little bin/box on first try..the folks up there are helpful but I hate standing by watching them search unknowns then say "how bout this'un?"

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Cstraight thanked this.
  7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Go to Brownell's. Don't pinch pennies on seals that don't fit.

8. CalvinMD

Thanks everyone...we'll get'er good to go with all these good leads...I'll need to do some polishing on the gas collar inner bore but nothing big

9. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

10. alant

alant TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think Remington is the best place. Shipping is $6 on orders up to $25 and then $12 over that. Most parts are half the price of Brownells or MGW and others. Have to call in the order is the only down fall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.