1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's shooting a 1100?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JRD, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRD

JRD TS Member

Just wondered whos shooting Remington 1100's? Are you shooting them for singles and doubles? How do you have your guns setup as far as stocks and barrels and any parts you have changed or upgraded.

2. JRD

JRD TS Member

Do you shoot it for doubles as well?

3. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

SuperXJeff:
    If you ever decide to get rid of that stock, let me know.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

4. JRD

JRD TS Member

MIA, I have a Anton stock for a 1100 thats almost identical to yours.

5. BMC

BMC Member

I was shooting one up until this week...lol. Single, Doubles and Caps.

6. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

I'm shooting an 1100 Classic Trap - totally "stock" except a wire shell catcher installed by Simmons (after they ground off then re-installed the factory installed shell deflector on the trap barrel, but that is a whole extra story). I'm also shooting an 1100 Duck Unlimited 3" magnum with a regular 30" vent rib barrel and a trap stock & forend I bought from Gene Batchelar. Shoot both for singles/handicap/doubles but N-F-L...(not for long). Consistency is not good...strongly considering going back to my Browning XT 32" and forget the 1100s for awhile. Ripped off a 16 in singles and an 11 in handicap tonight in the trap league for an embarrassing and career low score of 27. Pitiful. Ed

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Jack Jack Jack.......... It's a good thing I am too lazy to figiure out how to post pictures or I would show you my Anton's. I have 4 you know. I have one that would bring tears to a grown mans eyes. The rest are just beautiful. Jeff

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

P.S Look at DB Bills Hilmer for a K-80 that he had done. That is the one that I am in lust over. Jeff

9. JRD

JRD TS Member

MIA, keep watching I will post some pics of mine in a min. Mine isnt anything great, but its a decent looking stock I think.

MIA, Just curious what kind of $ they bring now?

10. JRD

JRD TS Member

heres the first pic

11. JRD

JRD TS Member

pic 2

12. jr7100

jr7100 TS Member

I use a TB trap. Picked up an Anton stock off of EBAY. Strickly for doubles, unless I'm in the mood to harass some one with empties flying on the line. Jim

13. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Hey SuperXjeff: Did you ship my 1100 LH barrel yet? Thanks Dave T.

14. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

MIA;
    My error. I read the thread incorrectly. Very nice wood, still.

JRD:
    What kind of microwave is that in the background, anyway? <:)
    Seriously, if you are thinking of selling the stock, email me. XXgbatch@comcast.netXX (delete the Xs)

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

15. JRD

JRD TS Member

Gene, Thats our stove, its a Kenmore. LOL
    Sorry but that stock isnt for sale. Just thought I would share the pics, that was the first time I had posted any so I wanted to give it a whirl.

16. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

Shoot one of ten for all events. Four are stocked with extra fancy english walnut Wenig stocks. one D grade, one F grade, Jack West setup, one setup for youth/women, one plain Wenig stock, one regular trap. Two have Hastings barrels, the rest Remington step. Looking for a good deal on some more. Obviously, I think they are the best shotgun ever.

17. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I'm shooting my Foghorn Special 1100 (a Bi-Centennial Edition), which was awarded to a friend of Foggy's at the 1976 Nevada State Championship. Anyway, I was lucky enough to be the right person at the right time to buy it. When I'm in the zone with it, the gun don't miss! Thanks, Foggy!

Porcupine

18. JRD

JRD TS Member

I have been looking at the Jack West stocks. I have a 1100 laying around that I should setup as a backup gun for doubles. Would like to get one of the Hastings trap barrels for it.

Is there anything needed internally to make them run without problems.

19. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Best skeet gun on the planet for doubles and 12 ga.

20. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

I have been shooting mine for just about a year now. Had to switch do to an injury and I like it so much now that I'm healed I haven't gone back. I'll make final decision this spring as the competitions start up. Either way it is really a good gun and I have had very few problems. I have kept clean which I think is the secret to 1100's for doubles. For singles or caps I have tried letting it go over 600 rounds with touching it once. Never failed but the empties didn't fly as far I noticed.

Hi Jack! Almost bought a MX 8 last week but held off. How's the P gun treating you?

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.