1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's running against Cuomo?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by trapperwads, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Who

Anybody know who is the GOP candidate to be running against Cuomo. I want to volunteer and donate. thanks ed nichols

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Save your money...

The Republicans runs a candidate in NY:

The tea party won't vote for him or the conservatives won't vote for him if a so called northeast moderate republican is running.

If they ran a strict conservative, so called moderate republicans won't vote for him.

Democrats stay united once a candidate is selected and mostly won't stay home when it comes time to vote. Can't say that for those on the right! Thus the Democrat wins...

The power for Republicans (or those to the right) has been in the senate. That is where the money needs to be spent. For years Republican controlled, but now a split body, as the last several years seats have been going to the Democrats.

Unless the senate shifts back towards Republicans by 5 or 6 seats, the state in the long term will move even more to the left (if that is possible)!

3. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Went to the NYS GOP website. Last candidate was Rick Lazio..and I remember now I did vote for him. Will vote, will now volunteer, and will donate. And I am not throwing away my money or time. Thats just two of the freedoms I still have left in this country. ed nichols

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Paladino the Tea Party Canadate knocked out the Conservative Lazio.

FROM THE PAST

-----------------

Carl Paladino Upsets Rick Lazio in N.Y. Republican Governor's Race

Sep 14, 2010 11:06 PM EDT

Another right-wing neophyte upsets the GOP establishment in New York. He is relentless in his fiscal conservatism and his attacks on the political establishment. In the GOP primaries, that's all you need this year.

--------------------------

Democrat Andrew Cuomo coasted past tea party Republican Carl Paladino after an exceedingly nasty race to win election Tuesday as governor of New York - the job his father, Mario, held in the 1980s and '90s.

With nearly all the precincts reporting, Cuomo had 62 percent of the vote while Paladino had 34 percent. Third-party candidates split the balance.

--------------

Obviously you will do as you wish, but money and effort best spent on state Senate candidates.

Just the reality of NY, as the big cities in the state are not going to vote Republican except if the Democrats run a very weak candidate!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.