1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's ox now?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Rick Barker, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Micheal Grimm, Joseph Crowley and Peter King all Republicans now blasting the brother Republicans who skipped voting for aid to New York because of Hurricane Sandy. Main objection to the bill were complaints of pork projects added to the bill.

King said he is on his own and will not support Republicans on future votes and Ctowley is sounding like a Democrat in saying the Republicans only favor the rich.

RIP American 7/4/76 - 11/6/12

2. Rick Barker

Why can Congress direct funds direct to the Red Cross for handling extreme disasters and avoid these political circuses which includes adding pork projects to bills?

Before you start in on me about the RC being a private party and directing funds illegal, blah, blah, blah, read the charter for which I have provided a link above and note this has been done before.

3. burtona

burtona Member

No Republican congressman voted against this "Pork" bill. There was no vote taken so far. Fema has enough funds already to last a couple or three more months so aid to Sandy victims will continue and you can be sure more aid will come when the Republican congress has time to pare the bill down to a reasonable level (at least I hope they do). King and others are just grandstanding because the "Pork" didn't come!(Yet)
    Dave

4. Rick Barker

So why the grandstanding, they can take up the vote later.

What is a few more days, with Congress dragging their feet for weeks and months so far?

5. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

The Red Cross has much to high overhead. They are as bad as the government in someways.

6. Rick Barker

So..........the difference between the two are????

7. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Can someone please tell me where the U.S. Constitution allows for charity to be given to people?

Davy Crockett, when he was a Congressional Representative from Tennesse made a short speech on the floor of Congress when a bill was introduced to provide charity aid from the U.S. Treasury to a widow. His response pointed out that there is no place in the Constitution to allow for Charity on the part of the U.S. Government. The full information on this speech is available by clicking Here .

Charity is aid provided by an individual to assist someone who has fallen on hard times. Money, taken by the government from one individual under threat of force and given to another individual is called theft.

I guess this proves, once again, that Congress is more than willing to be thieves when they take from one person only to give it to another person, who has not sold a product or service to the government.

Now if you are paying for actual federally provided services such as roads, that is not charity. If you paying someone simply because they lost, or claimed to have lost, something, then that is, when given by individuals, Charity but when given by the Federal Government, it is more properly called theft on the part of the giver and receiving stolen goods on the part of the receiver.!

8. 548

548 Guest

Pyrdek - It's because we are human beings and we have compassion for those that suffered a catastrophic act of god; because next time it may be me or you. It's just part of the privilege to call the United States home.

Is your suggestion that we just patrol the streets of the northeast and put a bullet in the heads of people who have lost everything?

9. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Have you read Davy Crockett's statement. If not, please do so. If you have read it, please read it again and comprehend what he said.

BOTH you and I are free to give as much of our PERSONAL resources as we want to help someone. NEITHER you or I are allowed to take something of value, by threat of force, from another person and give it to someone else.

10. 548

548 Guest

Pyrdek. -- 133 million gun owners and only 4 million NRA members (I love saying that). Now you tell me if people can be trusted to voluntarily provide charity to people whom they strongly believe are deserving of that charity. (Charity is your word by the way, not mine).

11. Rick Barker

pyrdek

548 has a point almost. While the people of the United States are the most giving people per capita of nation in the world, there are skin flints like his hero, Joe Biden that gave a miserly 300 dollars from the millions he made in one year.

Government charity works, because they use a gun at your head to get it.

A person should have the right not to contribute, just as they have to right to contribute, except in the case where Liberals feel those rights don't apply to work their agenda.

12. 548

548 Guest

Thanks Rick. Joe really isn't my cup of tea though. I'm more of a Clinton follower.

13. Rick Barker

Look, people in this country are big hearted and want to help people whose lives have been turned upsidedown and destroyed, unless that destruction is the result of some government action or policy,then it's tough toenails.

14. 548

548 Guest

Well Rick, the entire gulf coast would still be in chaos under your policy. California would be uninhabitable because of earth quakes, Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina would be out of the picture because of Hurricanes. The northeastern sea board would be in chaos for years to come with crime the only means to survive for some. The entire Midwest would be full of residents playing Russian roulette with tornadoes.

Sounds like a great country.

15. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The so called down and out really aren't down and out, over the past couple of years I have ran into some people who say there were down and out to the point of becoming homeless, we have a three bedroom bunkhouse really pretty nice we use it as a guest house when we have an over flowing bunch of relatives or friends down, pillow top beds dish TV etc fully furnished

Oh three different occasions we have offered to to people fully able to work for $600 which is below half of what it would rent for, they all said they couldn't afford it, so I told them if they would help me around the farm just part time so they could hold their steady jobs I would pay them $20 an hour towards rent, they could easily pay their rent and make some extra money if they wanted

Guess what not one would take it, and the work wasn't hard at all just a helping hand when I could use one they could even set the hours

This is what is wrong with this country

16. Rick Barker

I doubt it. People would still help out. What goes unreported about the American people is not only do they shell out 300 billion a year from their own pocket, they give a considerable amount of their time, going to the devastated places and volunteering to help out and make things workable. Those hours are seldom counted or calculated as to real worth.

The real question is should the government go beyond helping and making people whole as they were before the disaster and a lot believe government should make the victims whole. Insurance companies should make people whole, as that is the purpose of insurance companies. If people don't carry insurance, that is their right to be stupid, but not my responsibilty to make them whole.

We all pay for our choices, or at least we should and if we live in tornado alley, or a coastal area where storms hit, we should accept the potential loss that comes with that choice. It the government is intent on replacing insurance companies, that is wrong. When this country's economy crashes because of uncontrolled spending of government, no one will have money to help anyone and then you will see unmitigated disasters you could never imagine. Then you will wonder how humanitarian was it to let that happen??

17. oz

oz Active Member

I don't have a problem helping hurricane sandy victims. I DO have a problem giving millions and billions to middle east dictators who will use the money to kill American citizens and Israeli citizens. I object to the UN on all counts.

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Vote funds to be given to the Red Cross?

The same Red Cross that absconded with huge amounts of donations intended for 911 victims and their families?

Riiiiight.

19. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Looks like Boehner is going to have to tell Christy to F himself too. LOL

20. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Gee they are all three from New York who'd a thunk it

The bill was packed with pork it needs to be trimmed, FEMA still has the money to help, but as usual they are no help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.