1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's on the Olympic Trap Team?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pyrdek, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

I have been looking for who are the members of the Olympic shooting team but have had no success. About the only thing I saw was that Kim Rhode may be on the team but this time in Skeet and that info is not for certain.

I did see that all of the shooting events will take place in the first week of the Olympics. That was learned from the official Olympic website (url listed above)

Who did make it onto the various USA shotgun sports Olympic teams this year?

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hmm....hmmmm....

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Buzz.did you mean Zzzzz...zzzzzzz??

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

The IOC removed women's double trap from the Olympic slate following the Athens Games. That's why Kim is shooting skeet now.

5. recurvyarcher

Bret Erickson and Dominic Grazioli are on the men's trap team.

6. recurvyarcher

Jeff Holguin

7. recurvyarcher

Glenn Eller

8. recurvyarcher

One for the girls!!! Corey Cogdell.

9. recurvyarcher

Oh, Wow!!! Corey is the girl that Jeff Pokorny told me about !!! Way to go, and we are all behind her!!!!

10. recurvyarcher

That's it...those are all of our team members.

11. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I actually saw Dominic Grazioli on TV on an Independence Day Special. Maybe NBC. He was introduced by former Olympic skater Scott Hamilton, along with 8 or 9 other Olympic competitors competing in "lesser-known" sports.

I thought it was cool that the shooting team got mentioned.

12. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Bret Erickson, Dominic Grazioli and Corey Cogdell will represent the USA in single trap.

Glenn Eller and Jeff Holguin will represent the USA in doubles trap.

Kim Rhode, Vince Hancock and Sean McLelland will represent the USA in Skeet.

That's the Olympic shotgun team.

13. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

You know what I love? When the 2008 Olympic Men's Trapshooting Event begins in Beijing at 9:00 AM on Saturday, August 9, 2008...the average age of the United States Mens Trapshooting team...will be 46 years, 2 months. Take that, you whippersnappers! Gray Power! -John W.

14. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Right on Voolfie......

Erickson can hang with anybody right now and wouldn't surprise me if he finished silver or better. He is in good form and pretty loose, watch out for him.

Grazioli came out of the Kerrville World Cup prelims tied with Diamond on 123! The dude missed 2 targets, that is awesome shooting. If he can transfer that type of from from his home range to Beijing then he could be a dark horse.

Then you have the King - Vince Hancock. That dude is flat out a skeet stud.

The shotgun team should bring home some hardware.

15. crusha

crusha TS Member

Umm...where is the compulsory post from Allen Chubb?

16. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Hope we actually see some of it on TV!!!

17. Baber

Baber TS Member

All Olympic finals are televised... The trick is that NBC only picks up about 25% of the feeds. There is word out there that if you have Windows Vista and a special player from Micro Crap you might be able to see some of the finals. I am debating if I should buy the Vista junk just to see the shotgun finals or find someone with a weaker mind than me to do.

TB

18. Allen Chubb

Allen Chubb Active Member

Contrary to popular belief (ESPECIALLY ON THIS WEBSITE), when someone passes on factual/accurate information as was done earlier on this thread, then a response or contribution is not required. This is especially true of those offered by the usual website trolling negative bottom feeders such as seen above. I'm constantly amazed!!!! WOW!!!!

FYI, I just had four different people come up to me at the U.S. Chsmpionships today about this same website pheonominom and they are turned off as well by the usual smart ass comments and the negativity. They seek helpful, pertinent and friendly commentary, not what seems to be the "Norm" on this site. I know that this information will fall on some deaf ears, but it obviously needed to be said again. I hope it works!

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

Thanks Allen.

(better luck next 4 years...)

20. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

timb99 - i assume you know about the internet feed on ISSF TV.

they film all of the finals from the world cup matches and will do the same at the olympics so even if the networks don't carry it you can check it out on ISSF TV.

i'm not sure if they will film the prelims, they usually just do the finals.

anyway - better than nothing right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.