1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's offering a Rebate on Ammo?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hunter44, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I have heard that Remington will not be offering their $2 a box rebate on STS & Nitros this year.......I can't seem to be able to find much info about Federal & Winchester rebates.........any one have the facts?

2. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

Winchester announced $20 will start on april ist.
    Rick

3. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

$20.00 per flat? $2.00 per box like last year?

Pat

4. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Remington dumped this shooter and never sent OR never had any correspondence from RemingTon my rebate. from the Iowa State shoot ..Bob Roberts

5. oz

oz Active Member

the hell with rebates!!!!!! we want discounts up front.....oz

6. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

^ This

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Companies, in general, count on the historical fact that only a small percentage of folks redeem rebates... that may not be true with ammo sales and Remington may have found that because a high percentage of shooters redeeming rebates, they may sell less shells, but make more money in the end...

Really... how big a market is recreational ammo for Remington, Winchester, etal....?!

Jay

8. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms TS Supporters TS Supporters

Did a personal comparison test this weekend. I mixed up some Winchester AAs and some of the cheaper brand (both reddish). I blindly pulled from my vest pocket and shot away. Except for differences in "fragrance" I didn't notice anything better or worse. My conclusion? I'm ordering another 20 flats of factory loads from Recob's for April delivery in St. Charles.

I am not going to mess with the UPC code and the rebates. In the end, I'm saving time and money - both of which can be better used shooting at clays.

Larry

9. 3357

3357 Member

From my experience Remington has not offered a rebate in the last 2 years. They
    screwed me in 2010, and 2011. I am done with the Green Weenie.

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Waiting to see what Federal does this year....last year the rebate was $20 per flat ($100 max) and they accepted the UPC code on the flat.

I was surprised that my neighbors bought Federals too....

Curt

11. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Buying AA's and get a rebate you also have a market for the hulls if you do not reload. The non premium hulls do not have a market.

12. tarheel

tarheel Member

OK fellows,get the wedgees out of your Drawers,if two of the Big three are going to do it you can rest assured the third one will join Ranks,maybe not real soon but its not Show Time yet!

Tarheel

13. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

GWII, As far as the non premium shells not having a market,the Rem Gun Clubs do have a market and reload very nicely. I bought some at the Ohio State shoot for 1.5 cents a piece.Good shells for me. I load a lot of 1 1/4 oz Games Loads in them. 1oldtimer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.