1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's Going To The Missouri State Shoot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Who

Who on here is going to the Missouri State Shoot? I will be there Thursday thru Sunday!

Matt Woodson

2. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

3. Arkie

Arkie Member

Will be at bank 3 or 4 camping. Rick

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

It is a good shoot, and the dining in the area is awesome! I just hope the weather is warm!

Matt Woodson

5. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I plan on attending! Not sure which days as I have a few conflicts!

I also hope the weather is good!

Allen

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

check. pray for good weather!

7. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I don't think we're going to make it this year. I'm going to save my vacation time for the Grand!

My 2 Cents,
    TNCoach

8. guerini

guerini TS Member

What are the dates...

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"Don't forget yer mud gear!" Donnie Edwards 1992

Some of the better advice I ever received.

10. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

11. GoldTrigger

GoldTrigger Member

dates for the Missouri State Shoot are May 10-16 at Lake of the Ozarks area. Friendly club, plenty of traps, like Matt has said, LOTS of good food in the area as it is a vacation destination. I'll be there and hope to meet a lot more of you......

12. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Here is my eating list, I arrive Wednesday afternoon......

Wednesday: Mexicali Blues (They have great fajitas and the jalepeno poppers are awesome)

Thursday: Chicago Pizza (can't remember the full name, but it is the best pizza I have ever eaten. It's down the street from McDonalds)

Friday: The Happy Fisherman (I love the all-you-can-eat shrimp and catfish)

Saturday: Bandana's BBQ or Dominico's (Bandana's has awesome Brisket. Dominico's has great Italian and all-you-can-eat Prime Rib. If I win a Handicap event it will be Dominico's for sure)

Matt Woodson

13. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

Count me in. If I shoot like Shit I hope the crappie are biting. Shooting & fishing, doesn't get any better. Matt, your pizza place is Chicago Brothers @ 54 & KK. Li'l Rizzos & Dorsey's Pit Stop have great pizza if you want thin crust.

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Some forget that MTA in Linn Creek is the second largest trapshooting facility in the world. It is also one of the most well run too. The MTA girls and boys do it right.

15. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

Lyndle gave my niece her first trapshooting lesson a couple of years ago while we were on vacation. She still talks about that. Super nice guy. Pretty good shooter too.

16. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

coveybuster,

That is it! Man, is that pizza good! My mouth starts watering when I think about it.

Matt Woodson

17. guerini

guerini TS Member

I was their for the Fall HDCP last year , GREAT PLACE, had a great time maybe I'll make it to the state shoot, is their a program yet?

18. DEM36

DEM36 Member

The entire program for the Missouri Trapshooters Association 2010 State Shoot is on the MTA website: www.motraps.com Come shoot with us! Don Magruder, St. Louis

19. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

Guerini, The program is out. How did you shoot at the Handicap last fall? The first day of the singles it rained and was so dark (down on the east end) I could see fire out the end of the barrel for the first two traps. The second day the wind blew so hard a lady on the squad who is tall and thin, and one hell of a good shooter, shot in the 70's because she was having trouble standing up! I shot a crappy 185 and had a ball. Can't wait to get back. Condo's reserved and the fillet knives are sharp.

20. guerini

guerini TS Member

I shot pretty bad in HDCP, broke several 25's but couldn't put a score together. Shot good in singles and had a great score one day in doubles, considering the wind, I think I had a 91... about 4 birds below my avg. but it was really fun as anyways.... I hope to make it back somtime this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.