1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whoopie!!!! I get to buy a new trap Gun!!!! WHY?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slodsm, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slodsm

slodsm Member

Dammit I hate to hear that man. I try to always remember to get ALL my guns out of the truck when I come home from a shoot or just from playing at the pistol range but I admit I've forgotten them a few times myself. I hope they catch the guys for you.

Jeremy

2. flylta13

flylta13 TS Member

Bummer and they will most likely end up pawned or sold for nothing compared to thier worth. Good luck finding and educating them.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Man that sucks but WHY WHY WHY would you leave them in your vehicle overnight? Why not gift wrap 'em next time. I know its your property in your property on your property but IMO thats kinda asking for something bad to happen. When i get home from hunt'n/shoot'n they are the first things removed from the truck besides my ass. Good luck. I hope for you.

Matt

4. superump

superump TS Member

I am so so sorry for your loss.

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Hope the BT has a release trigger. The perps will probably shoot themselves if it does.

6. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I hope you find the guy. I'll hold him down while you sharpen your rusty knife on his bones. This really sucks. Call the local gun shops and pawn shops with your serial number and maybe they can get him that way.

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

A few good lessons here.

Take your guns inside.

Trucks and SUV's are horrible as gun cases are obvious to thieves who peak in to see what they can get.

Do not put NRA or gun/hunting stickers on your vehicles. That increases your chance of trouble.

Plan on things getting worse as the economy continues to stagnant. People without money "need" to celebrate the holidays and feed their families. Stealing is their way of "redistributing wealth".

Our actions and preventative measure may not stop these people; but we can reduce our chances and hope they find easier targets.

Don Verna

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Leaving your guns in your car or truck overnight is not only an invitation to thieves, it's an invitation to Mr. Rust.

9. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

While having your gun stolen is, indeed, a distasteful ordeal, it can be made palatable by having the proper gun insurance. Sportsman Insurance Agency, whose email is at the top, offers a very reasonable policy just for your guns that will more than cover the replacement value of the lost item. I have over $13,000 worth of insurance on my gun at a cost of about $165 per year. Mind you, this insurance covers the total replacement cost of the gun, not a pro-rated price. No pictures to send, no receipts to supply, no hassle, no B/S. Just a straight forward "If it gets stolen, we'll replace it" policy. No deductible, no arguing, no compromising, no haggling. If you really do value your gun, you can insure it for it's full value for less than 3 flats of STS shells. To me, it's a no brainer. If someone steals my gun, I want a new one, no questions asked. Call Hollis Boss at 800.925.3292 to find out just how reasonable it really is to insure those guns. NO, I do not have any interest in the company other than it provides me with not only gun insurance, but, peace of mind as well..... Just my thoughts.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

10. InsureGuy

InsureGuy Member

I am guessing in 6 to 9 months that lead miner will be complaining about his insurance company jacking up his home insurance due to his most recent claim. Not killing your joy here, but you should expect that since you filed a claim. Your insurance company is going to reduce your credits, (backwards way of surcharging you) or outrightly add a surcharge to your home owners policy. Of course you'll get angry and call your agent, and threaten to move your long term business elsewhere. However, when you call around for rates, and disclose the fact that you have had a theft claim that you cannot A. Get better rates, or B. They will not write you.

It's an unfortunate series of events that have unfolded over the last few years for homeowners insurance. Rates for the most part have nearly doubled in the last 5 years. Average rates 5 years ago were in the mid $400's here in the midwest. Now they are approaching $800-$1000 regularly. Lots of reason for it, but mainly weather related. Liability claims play a small part as well, but theft claims are considered among the worst types of previous claims experiences.

Remember - Insurance is nothing more than a collective pooling of the risks.

11. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

InsureGuy.... All the more reason to purchase a seperate policy to cover just the guns. Not necessary to even get your homeowners insurance involved.... Again, a no brainer!!..... Dan

12. Longbowsmith

Longbowsmith Member

Lead Miner, You should post the serial nos. of the guns. Maybe someone will run across them.

13. emm2

emm2 Member

Sorry for your loss. That's a shitty way to have to go shopping for a new trap gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.