1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WhooooWhpppp, TM1 back from rebuild.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MDMike, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I finished up the rebuild on my TM1 this week and took it to the trap field today. I was more than pleased. Tired old girl got a facelift and came out shooting and looking good. I've been trying to shoot my back-up gun, a Browning XT that for the life of me, I just can't shoot. That TM1 shoots where I look. I am pleased. Stock refinish, metal refinish, and some new springs. Everything else miked in spec or better. I am one happy "old grumpy trapshooter". Now to get Seminole Gunworks back in production for a .025-.032 constriction choke tube. Life is good.

2. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I finished up the rebuild on my TM1 this week and took it to the trap field today. I was more than pleased. Tired old girl got a facelift and came out shooting and looking good. I've been trying to shoot my back-up gun, a Browning XT that for the life of me, I just can't shoot. That TM1 shoots where I look. I am pleased. Stock refinish, metal refinish, and some new springs. Everything else miked in spec or better. I am one happy "old grumpy trapshooter". Now to get Seminole Gunworks back in production for a .025-.032 constriction choke tube. Life is good.

3. C-Money

C-Money Member

Sounds good! Glad you got the ole TM1 back! Did yuo send it to Giacomo? Thats who did mine a few years ago, and it came back as good as new!

4. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

No, I disassembled it and had a local gunsmith do the polishing and bluing. I miked all the internals and replaced some springs. Refinished the wood with about 20 coats of tru-oil to a gloss finish. She locks up tight and breakes birds with authority. I cleaned up and lubed the soft touch set up and adjusted it to fit me. It's a night and day difference between what she looked like and what she looks like now. First round out with her I droped 2 birds and knew I didn't have them when I shot. Shoots where I look. I am quite pleased. I had my XT boxed up to send out to get an adjustable comb installed. Now I'm considering selling the XT as the Perazzi is everything I want in a trap gun. The XT is a good shotgun but I can't seem to shoot with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.