1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whom will the NRA support 4 Pres ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sammyd95, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

Just wondering !!!!

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

The Republican.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm pretty miffed that the NRA didn't have the sack to get behind (in no particular order) Huckabee, Ron Paul, Tancredo or Thompson, and give a thumbs down to Romney, McCainiac and Julie Annie.

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

NRA wisely will not endorse any candidate in the primaries. Too much chance of picking a loser. It will endorse when there is a good reason to, as in the general election and it can reap the benefits of backing the winners. Chris Cox is a reeeally smart political operative(better than Wayne and Wayne is no slouch). We are very lucky to have Chris running our game.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    So I guess that means the NRA will endorse a liberal "Republican", or perhaps they'll not endorse anyone. Pity, when there were pro-gunners they could have gotten behind.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Brooks is right. They could have gotten behind Tom Tancredo full force, then what?

Wait and see. The dance is just beginning.

HM

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

That and the other side of Brian's coin is that while they may rate the Demo candidate with an F, they may well rate the Republican with only a C- but still preferred. That's about the way I see it coming to fruition.....Bob Dodd

8. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

They are a gop orginization, run by reps. and they support who is the gop canidate period. Mike

9. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Actually Mike they support politicians who are pro Second Amendment. A few of those are Democrats but the VAST majority are GOP. Every anti-gun law has originated with Democrats. The elimination of firearms is part of the Democrat Party mindset. If you vote a Democrat ticket, you are generally voting for people who would prefer that you not own a firearm, at best, and want to confiscate it at worst.

10. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

JB, Like I said in another thread, the supreme court will decide gun ownership,when they determine what the definition of people means in the bill of rights. Mike

11. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Mike, that is why I am thankful that the last two justices were appointed by Bush rather than Gore or Kerry and that I hope the next two will be appointed by anyone other than Hillary or Obama.

12. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Mike, when was the last time the Supreme Court came down solidly for or against anything. The wise will try to cut the snakes head off before it coils.

Buz

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Well, Obama has publicly stated that he thinks anyone wanting to own a gun is mentally ill.

guess you know where that leaves us.

HM

14. Bert

Bert TS Member

I'm not sure I buy the stuff in that link. I live in Colorado. McCain came here in 2000 and helped push through Amendment 22. You might want to consider this link http://careers.rockymountainnews.com/election/1108am22a.shtml to see what Amendment 22 was about and who was pushing it (Tom Mauser of SAFE Colorado).

(Ducking, running, and hiding once again.)

Bert

15. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

As stated, NRA endorses on gun stance, not party. They do it in my state all the time.

Anyone in the bunch (real contenders) will sign any gun law presented by congress. It will be called a reasonable gun law.

Part of the "we need a change" in the direction of government you keep hearing about. They don't tell you the change will be to the left and more government and less rights, especially gun rights.

Anyhow, better keep an eye on who is elected to congress, as that is where the ball game starts. House needs a simple majority and the Senate I think needs 66 to stop talking and take it to a vote, with only a majority needed to pass a law.

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I agree with Joe. What's promised before an election has a different meaning afterwards. "Read my lips" is just one that comes to mind?

<a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view&current=cid_53498C05D3FD499E87ACADC0FDB1F82.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Hap

17. Bert

Bert TS Member

Hoosier Daddy,

Amendment 22 stopped private individuals from selling to other private individuals at "Gun Shows". Private individuals used to be able to take a gun to a gun show and sell it to another private individual. These "private individuals" must now pay a third-party Dealer to do the background check, if the sale takes place at a "Gun Show".

Dealers at gun shows always had to do the background check. The "loophole" they closed was allowing private individuals to sell a gun to another private individual at a public gun show. Of course, if you have a gun to sell, what better place than a gun show to find someone to sell it to.

The problem was how they wound up defining a "Gun Show". The effect was to stop local gun clubs from having "flea market" days where members could bring their stuff in and sell/trade it with one another. And now you have to be careful if you attempt a private sale at a gun club. Because of the number of people around, and the number of guns around it can technically be called a "Gun Show".

I can no longer take an extra trap gun to my club and put it on a table with a price on it. Doing so makes it a "Gun Show".

Bert

18. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

i wish huckabee got more support he is very pro gun. mccain is to willing to compromise with dems for me, although he's decidedly better than hillary or barrack hussein obama bin laden.jackmitch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.