1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who'll be the next to go?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Savage99Stan, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Who

Saw yesterday that our Republik of Illinois is going to vote to raise personal income tax about 75% and corporate income tax from 7 point something to over 10%. We suck at creating jobs, can't pay bills, and businesses (like Les Baer) are fleeing in droves.

Looks like a great plan to resurrect the state. Drive out more businesses which might create new jobs, bankrupt more people who are having trouble paying taxes now, and keep issueing IOUs to schools, municipalities who are laying off police and firemen.

What are these guys thinking?

I've heard that Texas has no personal income tax and has no debt. True? Might want to relocate myself.

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Been in Fl for a little more than a month. Starting to do a little square rooting. Since we will no longer own any real estate, looking at the positives & minuses of both states.

1) Florida-no income tax, they did away with the intangible tax & no personal property tax

2) Summer temp is not much worse than NC especially if you live on the ocean

3) real good club within 1/2 hour

NC-lots of clubs, good shooting

2)great medical facilities in the Raleigh area

3)world class dining within walking distance of current residence

***In Fl we would be living rent free because of the tax impact

Such a problem

Phil Berkowitz

3. ChetH

ChetH Member

Stan,

Reports are that Texas is looking a budget shortfall of as much as $25 Billion. That's about the same as California.

Chet

4. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Texas is required to have a balanced budget. They will cut programs to do that. Ron

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

While it has been truly said that "the power to tax is the power to destroy", it is more accurate to say that the poser to tax is the power to perpetuate oneself in power! Politicians use taxes to reward the people who vote for them (or to encourage them to do so) and pass the bill on to everybody. As proof, I offer the healthcare "exemption". 200+ companies get the "benefits" and the cost is borne by everyone else!

States and cities have been doing this sort of thing for decades. They buy labor "peace" by giving the unions the keys to the treasury. Only now the treasury is empty. What do you think they will do now? They will aske the federal government to bail them out - and it will. We will be told that we must or we face dire consequences. Once again, the many will be forced to pay for the annointed few just so that the politicians who caused the problem can remain in power.

Tell me this is not what happened and is happening in Illinois (and everywhere else)..

6. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

In Illinois, our politicians are for sale to the highest bidder. All they care about is feathering their own nests, and to hell with the taxpayers. The problem exists all the way down the line, from the governor to the township officials!

Illinois was just rated last in a list of states to retire in, and is rated 48th in job creation. In the recent election, the Republicans couldn't even manage to oust "tax and spend" Quinn in favor of a far better candidate, Bradley.

7. John55

John55 Active Member

Illinois elections are basically determined by the vote count in the Chicago area and one downstate area, that being the metro east side of the river, across from St. Louis. This would include Belleville, Collinville, Edwardsville and Cahokia areas. Mostly Democratic, it takes a lot of them to switch over for any Republican to be elected to a state wide position.

8. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Who

We have no state income tax in Texas and no city income tax here in Lubbock. Having said that, my property tax on my home is close to eight grand a year!

9. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Hawk46, Based on what taxable value? Bill

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Hawk you must have a pretty spiffy place, we live in Collin county, we have 45 acres a 2800 sq ft house and about 17,000 sq ft of "shops" and ours runs about $2,000 per year, but we have Ag exemptions

But just think if you were in some states you would get to pay income and other taxes on top of your property tax

I love Texas, it's not perfect, but as close as you can come to it

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Cripes, my house is 1485 sq ft on a 70 x 100 property and my taxes here in the liberal area of Portland are $2000 a year.

We have a high income tax and property tax, but no sales tax. The voters keep voting it down, but it keeps reappearing on the ballot at regular intervals. The liberals know all they have to do is pass it once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.