1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wholesale Dealers Eastern PA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Buckshot95, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckshot95

Buckshot95 TS Member

I'm looking forward wholesale ammo and reloading supply distributors
    in the eastern Pa. region. Any Suggestions?

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Ron Shirk's Shooters Supplies Lebanon PA. 717-272-5671!!

3. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Ron Shirk. Done business with him for years.

4. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

does Ron sell ammo retail or strictly wholesale to other gunshops?

5. oleolliedawg

Just journey over to Shyda's Gun Shop and pick up your ammo for about $1 or $2 over wholesale!!

6. ScottEslick

ScottEslick Member

I second Shyda's

Scott

7. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Jerrys Sport Center

8. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Richland Shooters

9. oleolliedawg

Richland Shooters Supply is not a wholesaler!!

10. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Neither is Shyda!

Keller

11. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

That depends on how well you know Jim.........

12. Unknown1

Who's Jim???

13. oleolliedawg

No one said Shyda was a wholesaler. Depends on who you know!!

14. Unknown1

You suggested Shyda when the poster asked for wholesalers.

EVERYTHING depends on who you know!

Keller

15. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Before any of them I suggest CAC in Ebensburg PA 814 472 4430 tell them tina sent you

16. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Tina, CAC has been steadily going up in prices on everything for the last 2 years. I, myself won't go back, not because they give you bad service, but because they have stopped carrying the downrange line of wads. It just doesnt make sense to pay what CAC asks when Shyda's is very close to the same prices on most things, and cheaper on lead. Just my 2 cents.

Osker

17. oleolliedawg

CAC supplies Shyda's and Richland. Ron Shirk also supplies Shyda's and Richland. Dealers get their supplies from whoever gives THEM the best price and it does vary. Is there a part of that you fail to understand? Ron Shirk, CAC and Jerry's Sports are the only REAL distributors.

I must add that Jerry's Sports, even as a large distributor, hasn't handled a bag of lead shot in years!!

18. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Hello Dawg, no need to get in a huff. You are right about the wholesalers, distributor and plain dealers, FFL holders and such. But I threw in Richland Shooters because of the prices he offers are as good or better than some distributers. At least that was the case for me. Several years ago I turned in my FFL but when I first started out with my license I was selling everything from guns to ammo and supplies of every kind. I did some business with Shirk, Shydas,Jerrys Sport, Bonitz Bros and a few more. I would buy guns from Shirks, add 10 - 15 bucks and try to sell them only to find out a chain store's everyday price was 20 bucks lower than mine.Their everyday price was lower than Shirks wholesale cost to me. Tried Shydas and same thing.I paid cash,no matter.Tried Bonitz bros same thing. When I talked with Jim at Richland I asked for a price on a gun and he called Jerrys,when it came in my cost from Jim was less than Bonitz flyer prices.What happened ? Jim was a larger dealer and was getting much better prices from the dist. The big dealers also got a % knocked off the total so in the long run I could buy guns cheaper from Jim than off the Distributors.

Also back then-not sure bout now-you did not need an FFL to buy ammo and reloading components although most of them would not give you the time of day if you didn't have one.

You have been in the business for a very long time and I am sure you have seen this. When I responded to the thread I was only adding Richland Shooters to help locate a source for the poster of the thread.It would be up to them to call around for best price and as I have learned the distributor is NOT always the cheapest. However you are 100% in who are the Dist and who are dealers and such. And the poster of the thread asked for WHOLESALE ammo and reloading Dist. Jim is not a distributor but does give out some wholesale prices on ammo and components. On some brands he is a direct dealer such as Remington ( and others ) where he orders direct from Remington,no middleman,and those prices are hard to beat.

As far as Shirk I was told he liked to be paid in 50 dollar bills so I tried that,made no difference. Tried Shydas bought and over paid for a couple things and had a run in the the old Mrs Shyda,have never been back since. Called for prices but could never do any better than dealing with Jim at Richland.

So in closing,you are correct in your post,and I was only getting Jim's name out there so people can compare prices. Didn't mean to get you blood pressure up. Take care Andy........

19. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Try Geiser guns

20. oleolliedawg

crab, the biggest reason Jim sells components below dealer cost is because he often fails to keep up on price increases. We've seen him sell shot .75 a bag cheaper than he just paid for it. The market price is not always static.

No, my dander is not up. Just the facts sir, just the facts!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cac ammo distributors

eastern pa trap

ron shirk shooting supplies wholesale distributor

ron shirk shooting wholesale supplies

ron shirk wholesale distributor

trap shooting supplies wholesale
wholesale reloading supplies distributor
wholesale reloading supplies distributor in pa