1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHOcan install K-80 RELEASES

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pheasantsgalore, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Norbert on here has a set of release hooks for K-80. Anyone know of gunsmith who could do installation? Thanks for help...........Rob

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rob. NOt much to it, but Doug Braker is as competient a K80 tech as anyone. You might not know that he was Kolars' head gun smith when they were the big Krieghoff dealor in the country. But Doug knows K80s like the back of his hand.

218-947-3600

He only has dial-up at his shop, and so he does his emails in the AM and evening from home

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Those releases only work with certain hammers--

Pat's gunsmithing in Wells Minn installs a lot of releases for all brands of guns

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

A few years ago, I bought a used K80 with release triggers. Since I shoot a PULL trigger, I wanted the release hooks removed ; returning the gun to a pull configuration.

Glenn Hunting did the work for me at the Silver Dollar in Florida. It would follow that he could also INSTALL releases..................

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Installing used hooks in a Kreighoff does not alway work out perfect. I would ask the gunsmith if they will work in your gun as they have been set and fitted for a different gun and may not be as good as a new set up fitted to your gun. I say this because a friend had a used set installed over the objections of the gunsmith to save money. They work but are not near as good as a new built set up. So ask first who made the original set and how do they fit your gun it may not be a marrage made in heaven. They may also be perfect but use caution and make sure you use a good gunsmith.
    Good luck Buddy

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Rob- Both Kreighoff and Allem would do a fine job, but the very best would be Glen Hunting. The reason he would be the best is that you could go down to Silver $ in a couple of weeks, shoot the Southern Grand, enjoy 80 degree temperatures and get the release triggers put in all at the same time.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.