1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whoa Arizona !!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by timberfaller, Aug 15, 2013.

1. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Whats up with you local Indoctrination Facility's????

The wolves aren't satisfied with your children, they've decided your "easy" prey too!!!

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

An Arizona school district is asking parents to sign a pledge promising to lock up their guns and teach their children about the "dangers and consequences" of the misuse of firearms .

I don't find this to be anything unusual based on where it comes from, I taught my kids and many other's gun safety and didn't need a school district's pledge to do it ... This is just the media whores getting in on the action and broadcasting it ... If you considered the number of school districts in the State of Arizona and the fact that we are an open and concealed carry State this might not surprise you that one of the schools has to do something to get into the news ... I feel that any and all States should make gun safety mandatory, thats only my opinion after seeing many kids with holes blown in them while working as a Paramedic ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. timberfaller

"I don't find this to be anything unusual" wow!

Go back and read through the article a couple of times, pay close attention to the language used.

I've taught Hunter Ed for over twenty years now. I've watched even in small town America, School districts "poo poo" the classes I volunteer to put on.

Its interesting that Sex Ed has to be taught but being "safe" around firearms is to dangerous to be taught in School OR at home!! STD's must be OK in their mindsets over having a gun in the home!

I will, as a Instructor agree with you about being "Mandatory" to teach firearm safety. I only lock up my guns, 95% of them anyway, to keep them from thieves NOT my kids. The 5% that aren't are loaded and are easy accessible for defense if needed. But then I am of the ole school, its the parents responsibility to teach their children not the state.

Since you bring up that your a Paramedic, whats the ratio of gunshots(holes blown) to drunk drivers and domestic violence and drugs/sex, "accidents/crime" related have you seen done to kids or have done to themselves, in your area?

I am interested to see your answer.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There is no doubt kids getting shot is way down on the list compared to the other things you mentioned and a lot of others besides that ... I didn't bother to read the complete article because we see them all the time from people who just have to stir shit ... I paid particular close attention to the very first sentance (paragraph) and had enough after glancing over it and seeing Giffords name in lights again ... The lefty's will never agree with what we do and we won't agree with them, not a problem ... We (Arizonan's) are fortunate enough to have our laws in place and we practice them on a daily basis much to a lot of people's dismay ... I do not try to un twist others words as I go on my way ... The bans that exist will be lifted sooner or later, I am not even concered with that happening or when ... Jan Brewer supports the laws as they stand and have been in place for many years, in time she will sign a bill that will piss off the lefties and more so Obama and Holder by lifting those bans just wait and see ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. timberfaller

Agreed and I sure hope so! Brewer seems to be about the only "decent" Gov. lately!!

Mine is a full blown wuss, Inslee!

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    So is the school going to contact the NRA and teach the Eddie Eagle program?

If not, why not?

They teach sex ed to protect kids. They claim they want to protect kids from guns.

If they refuse, this exposes their hypocrisy and shows it is being used for a political agenda.

Believe it or not, when my son was in the second grade his public grade school actually taught the Eddie Eagle program.

7. thomaslea1

thomaslea1 Member

Why does the link say "requires" and the page says Arizona school district asks parents to sign gun pledge

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/15/ariz-school-district-requires-parents-to-sign-pledge-on-guns/#ixzz2c3whL6pH

Article heading

"Arizona school district asks parents to sign gun pledge"

8. timberfaller

My years in High School, we hunters, carried our rifles or shotguns to school in our cars.

Hunter Ed was not "required" back then and of all us kids and the 3 years of seasons, only one accident over our high school years.

Kid skipped school to go bird hunting and pulled his shotgun out of the back seat muzzle first. Discharged and sent the shot column up his arm and out his elbow.

NOTHING happened to curtail us kids from still bringing a hunting tools and taking off to our spots after school.

Why the schools? In order to teach and be liberal, you have to be a Hypocrite.

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I always want to keep abreast of the ongoings of the lefty libtards, so I ocassionally have to check up on them. I spotted this thread on the "democraticunderground" website, and thought I'd read the ranting of the left.

I was quite surprised the support from the majority that posted, that having a gun range built along with the construction of a new high school was good for the children.

Much of the topic was defining the word "respect" and the word "fear" when it comes to guns. If you get a chance, do read through the thread. If you have the stomach to read any of the other pablum from other threads, you are doing it at your own risk(haha)