1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Would of Ever Thought?????????????????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by puablo, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Who would of ever thought we'd be in the boat we're in right now in our country concerning our freedoms and gun ownership? It's sickening! In our county in NY,
    we have 60 days to contact our county clerk's office if we want to be eliminated from a public listing that will make available the names of pistol permit holders.
    Not to mention all the other gun laws to take place such as limit size of magazines, etc...NICS style check to buy a box of ammo.
    Who would have thought Obama would be elected a second time? And half of the jokers that are in office right now?
    Who would of thought Biden would be a major player, gallopin' all over the country trying to jam the gun control legislation thru? This guy is scary!!!
    Who would have thought most of us legit gun owners would be sittin' round sucking our thumbs while we have one right after another peeled away from us???
    We have become the "outlaws" in these joker's minds!!! SICK!!! The country has been gently, then not so gently, lulled to sleep by the slick actions of our fearless leaders.
    How the heck these people in leadership can ram legislation through without following the rules is beyond me! Our vote really doesn't seem to count for too much any more.
    Guys worryin' about 7 1/2 or # 8 shot better start changin' their mindsets...
    worry about whether you'll be able to buy that in our country before long!!!

Just sayin', Jeff

2. Snidely54

Snidely54 Member

Couldn't agree more,Jeff.

3. jimctrap

jimctrap Member

Already talking about banning lead shot. and ammunition

4. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Well said Jeff. Way too many people standing on the sidelines not getting involved. Like I said in another post, threads that are fun, but have no real meat to them get tons of hits and ones regarding important issues like the SAFE Act get a bare minimum of invlovement. Maybe it will be different when something like this happens in their respective area!

5. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Look at the way the world is today...we've become apathetic, and that's why part of this is allowed to happen. Our society has gone down the drain, and we're paying the price.

God out of the classrooms, and believe me we're paying the price! I see it everyday. What wasn't dreamed of yesterday, is considered fine and dandy today.
    We got a pres. that stands like he's at a line waitin' to buy icecream while the national anthem/or our flag pledges are goin' on. Most of politicians leading us should be tossed out of their offices on the seats of their pants!

Almost wants to make you move out of your state to somewhere more like the good old days, huh??? Guess what, pretty quick there ain't going to be a place like that in our great country! What's happening to us law abiding citizens in NY and elsewhere will be rampant in every state! Time for us to wake up guys n' gals before it's too late!

6. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Jeff,

We need God back in the class rooms and that 300 lb. jelly-donut eating cop armed with a simple 6-shot revolver just inside the main door (that said with no disrespect to any police or law enforcement officer anywhere in this once-great country). Then the wackos standing out in the parking lot, high on something, with a weapon and evil thoughts running through their crazed, insane minds will stop dead in their tracks before entering that school. They're just not going to take one for the "cause", whatever the hell that is. They're going to run back to their momma's attack, or wherever they live, and stay there. These people are all basically cowards; yes cowards.

Looking at the new legislature and everything that's been done recently, Cuomo and Obama have not done ONE THING to help this problem.

Respectfully,
    Jon Reitz

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Consider that if we lose one battle this war might be lost. Skip a dinner out and send a few more dollars to the NRA, or use it to pay for a new member.

-Gary

8. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

We need more democrats in government. We cannot as a society be trusted to do the right thing, we need more guidance from those who know best what is good for us!!!

9. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Hey Jeff,

C'mon down to South Carolina where everyone belongs to the Militia...

I love these southern folks and their gun laws...They tell me belonging to the Militia gives us perfect rights...

See the recent article from our local newspaper:

Bill tweaks law on SC's 'unorganized militia'
    PrintEmail
    2013-02-13T19:22:24Z2013-02-14T20:06:18ZBill tweaks law on SC's 'unorganized militia'The Associated PressThe Associated Press
    February 13, 2013 7:22 pm • Associated Press
    (0) Comments

A proposal to ensure that South Carolinians can hold onto their weapons regardless of federal restrictions made a little progress Wednesday in the state Senate.

The bill is a pre-emptive move, should Congress pass or the president order gun restrictions, amid the continued debate over the mass killing in December of 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school.

But it attempts to do so through an obscure state law.

On the surface, the measure amends state law covering the state's "unorganized militia" _ to which all "able-bodied" South Carolinians over age 17 belong, unless they're already members of the National Guard or State Guard.

The bill says militia members have the right to buy and possess all types of firearms and ammunition that are currently legal, should the governor, as commander in chief, call upon residents to defend the state.

Sponsoring Sen. Tom Corbin said it's about defining the militia's weaponry.

"Heaven forbid someone falls on our shores; we want to fight with something other than broomsticks," said Corbin, R-Travelers Rest. "It's not asking for flame throwers or automatic weapons."

Democratic Sen. Brad Hutto called it a nonsense bill addressing a hypothetical situation that's never going to happen.

The 3-0 subcommittee vote Wednesday, which sent the bill to a full committee, came a day after President Barack Obama reiterated his call for gun control in his State of the Union address. Obama has proposed banning assault weapons and ammunition magazines that can carry more than 10 rounds.

Last month, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed the nation's toughest gun restrictions, outlawing a broad array of military-style weapons and restricting ammunition magazines to seven rounds. Owners of previously legal semi-automatic rifles can keep their weapons but must register them with police.

Corbin said he's confident South Carolina's gun-friendly lawmakers in both parties will attempt no such thing.

But he said he's trying to assure South Carolinians they need not worry about anyone confiscating their guns or ammunition due to federal changes.

"It lets them know where we stand," he said.

He acknowledged, however, that he honestly doesn't think the federal government would try that. There would be rioting in the streets, he said.

Reached after the meeting, Hutto called it "howling at the moon."

"Nobody is coming to take people's guns away," said Hutto, D-Orangeburg, who notes he owns guns too. "We all believe in the Second Amendment."

However, should Congress pass a gun control law that is constitutional, South Carolina is obligated to abide by it under the supremacy clause, he said.

"I think all of this nullification talk is crazy talk," he said, adding he doesn't think the bill will get very far. "But to the extent that we get sidetracked by all this nonsense is what concerns me."

Corbin insists his bill is not a nullification measure _ since it doesn't seek to void any current law _ and not a reaction to any particular incident. But he acknowledged he wouldn't be talking about it if not for the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary.

"Every few years a tragedy occurs. At the end of the day, you have to realize evil is out there," he said. "It's never the gun's fault."

Under an approved amendment to Corbin's bill, those who can't lawfully possess a gun can't be part of the "unorganized militia."

See you this summer in NY..Won't have my gun though...Just visiting the NYSATA Home Grounds and friends...

Dave in South Carolina

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe

I have written all my reps and anyone that I can and i am glad to live in Texas, because they have all replied that they support the 2nd

The one thing that does worry me is the amount of illegals that are moving in here if obozo gets his way he would have them voting for his wacko agenda, and Texas could turn blue

11. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

This has been going on since 1934 folks. Their ultimate goal of the anti gun crowd has always been disarming the population of the United States. They have been taking little bites every chance they get. Sooner or later the whole pie will be gone and they will have accomplished their goal. It is a slow process but they have nothing but time on their side. Every "sensible" law and compromise is one more bite taken. You don't notice all the little bites until it is too late.

12. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

The answer is simple. No more compromises. He who keeps his guns wins.

13. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

This anti deal may have been going on since way back then, but the difference is now the tide is shifting to where you got a bunch of people in office that are going in the back door to ram this stuff through...And the majority of people think it's just great.

It won't surprise me one day to wake up and see on the news that the pres and his ilk have chiseled away the 2nd ammendment from being the law of the land...and guess what??? You won't have a leg to stand on!!!

You would have never thought his health care deal would have been rammed through and become the law of the land...so don't kid yourself!

14. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Elections have consequences. You idiots that voted for Obama can feel proud.

15. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

No compromise; when our Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution and in particular the 2nd Amendment has the word infringe. The meaning of the word infringe originated from the 16th century and means encroach on a right or privilege. Encroach is defined as "gradually intrude on a person's right or territory". That's pretty plain and simple. When the government gradually intrudes on your 2nd Amendment rights IT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL. No compromise or you have been violated. The 2nd Amendment has been the most violated of all of your constitutional rights by the citied, states and Federal government. Please join the NRA as it gets expensive to fight your loss of rights by yourself. BT100dc

16. mike calkins

mike calkins TS Member

Hmmm, 1934? Now I wonder why that date sounds familiar. Isn't that the same year that Hitler began the process of disarming the german people. If not the same date, damn close to it,

17. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

1934 was when the machine gun ban went into effect. Hitler started his antics about the same time but I was referring to the machine gun ban. Citizens can actually still own them, you just have to jump through a bunch of hoops and pay a boat load of money for the firearm plus the 200 tax each time you buy and sell one. And it could take up to about a year to get the approval for your class III license. John

18. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

It is very surprising to me how many trapshooters, skeetshooters, recreational shooters, and gun owners in general are not even registered to vote! Many of these folks bitch the most! In addition...the silent majority continues to snooze away and thus we end up with court jesters in Washington DC.........Uncle Sam, Pa.

19. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Those "gun owners" that voted AGAIN for Hussein cannot "claim" to be pro-gun.......

20. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.