1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHO WOULD LIKE OYLIMPIC STYLE MEDALS FOR TROPHIES.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

WHO WOULD LIKE OLYMPIC STYLE MEDALS WITH RIBBONS AS TRPOPHIES FOR ATA EVENTS? IM TALKING ABOUT FIRST CLASS MEDALS YOU CAN HANG OR PUT IN A SHADOW BOX. YES OR NO. tHANKS.

2. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Yep......

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Who would like for spring to come so we don't get spin off threads everyday?

Medals would be cool though as long as they were made from some type of precious metal.

4. smsnyder

eXAMPLE

5. smsnyder

eXAMPLE

6. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

7. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I would like mine made out of fine chocolate and wrapped in gold, silver or bronze foil. Milk chocolate, a glass of cold milk and knowing you shot well, . . . . now that's a good day.

I would still like to have a flat or two of shells for a trophy. Number of boxes or flats commensurate with the achievement. However, the medals you suggest certainly appear to be nicer trophies and something that a shooter would want to display, than what I have seen in recent years.

John

8. smsnyder

made of? Are the gold medals really gold? They used to be solid gold, but now Olympic gold medals are made from something else. Here's a look at the metal composition of Olympic medals and how the medals have changed over time.
    Answer: The last Olympic gold medal that was actually made from gold was awarded in 1912. So, if Olympic gold medals aren't gold, then what are they? The specific composition and design of Olympic medals is determined by the host city's organizing committee. However, certain standards must be maintained:
    •Gold and silver medals are 92.5% silver.

•Gold medals must be plated with at least 6 grams of gold.

•All Olympic medals must be at least 3 mm thick and at least 60 mm in diameter.
    Bronze medals are bronze, an alloy of copper and usually tin. It's worth noting that gold, silver, and bronze medals have not always been awarded. At the 1896 Olympic Games, the winners were awarded silver medals, whiile the runners-up got bronze medals. The winners at the 1900 Olympics received trophies or cups instead of medals. The custom of awarding gold, silver, and bronze medals started at the 1904 Olympics. After the 1912 Olympics the gold medals have been gilded silver rather than real gold.
    Although the Olympic gold medal is more silver than gold, there are gold medals that are really gold, such as the Congressional Gold Medal and Nobel Prize Medal. Before 1980 the Nobel Prize medal was made from 23 carat gold. Newer Nobel Prize medals are 18 carat green gold plated with 24 carat gold.

Related Articles

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I was in the 84' Oylimpics. This was my trophy.
    setterman_2008_0303135.jpg
    Not actually. I was a javelin catcher.

10. smsnyder

Found a use for that trophy at my camp. TV ANTENA

11. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

No - Buckels will do just fine.

12. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

More trinkets? No!!

13. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

We want money, lots of money. HMB

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

How often do they have the Olympics?? Every 4 years. How often do they have a major shoot?? Monthly or more often so how many damn ribbons do you need and they are just great to look at. How many could you get at the Grand. Get real.

Yes some trophies are dumb but so is your suggestion.

Trophies are up to the various trophy committees, like it or not, so quit bitching.

Snyder I have an ideal spot for your trophy and only your proctologist would know.

Don

15. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Yeah, it'd be better than something you have to dust.

16. quartering

quartering Active Member

it depends: is the "trophy" to go with the cash or is the "trophy" in lieu of cash?

17. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Lighten up Don. I agree that the coin/medal thingey would fit up his hoo-haa a lot easier that the fishing rod holder they gave the Junior Hcp champion at the Buckeye Classic, last year. ...I guess the best things, actually, were the flashlights, batteries not included. (Many were wondering why they came with a tube of "lubricant" instead)

..OH to be on the trophy committee....NOT! ...mike

18. smsnyder

BigDon like to meet you to. Your buddy SM LOL

19. quartering

quartering Active Member

a two foot tall gold cup costs less than twenty bucks. we all know that. a flat of shells costs sixty bucks. we all know that. the club is just looking for ways to keep the other forty bucks. we all know that. good luck with it

20. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Not me. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.