1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Would Have Believed It? !!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BRGII, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

I shot a ATA shoot at Hermiston, Oregon yesterday with winds to 40 miles an hour. I broke a 76 and won the Handicap by 4 targets. What a surprise, I was really down on myself. Maybe there is a God. BRGII

2. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Sounds like shooting in Corpus Christi. The wind is always blowing down there... enough so that the club members down there are call the Corpus Christi Sandbaggers. I finally got a chance to shoot there in Dec. I don't think they're sandbagging at all. That wind creates some tough shooting. I did get to finally do my first night shoot there, though. I wish there were some night shooting opportunities in my area. That was great... and not just because I won! The contrast between the bird and the night sky was incredible... and nothing in the background to distract you.

3. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Yes, but I forgot to pickup the trophy. I didn't forget the cash purse though. BRGII

4. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

Sounds like the same wind we had in Madras last year when you finished 2nd...lol David

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You should get a two yard punch.

6. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

David,
    Bend is building a new trap facility that should be closer to you than Madras. It will be opened, hopefully, for the Memorial shoot. It's located East of Bend 30 miles.

It was blowing harder Saturday. It would actually blow you off station occasionally. One of the fellows from Bend shot on my squad, and he was impressed by the wind. Tumbleweeds were going by like freight trains. BRGII

7. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

BRGII, I'm looking forward to the new club in Bend. It will be a touch closer than Madras. I hope to shoot more this year if $$$ allows. I'm sure the wife and I will run into you this spring somewhere. I'm still saving to get a release for the 391...lol David

8. Gary M

Gary M TS Member

Browning Gal,

This is a comment made by an All-American gal who shoots with one eye. At night, with no background, there is no depth of field. This gives one-eyed
    shooters an edge since they are used to it and those who are two-eyed shooters
    have to adjust. For what it's worth.

Gary M

9. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Thirty miles East of Bend on the highway that goe's to Burns. BRGII

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.