1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who works on Parker guns?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Holeinmypattern, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holeinmypattern

Holeinmypattern TS Member

I have an older friend at my club who doesnt do the computer thing. He is looking for someone to do some repairs on an old parker single he pick up at an auction. Anyone know who does good work on these, so I can pass it on to him?

-John

2. Fabbri

Fabbri Member

Custom-Craft Ltd Mr. Abe Chaber 203-748-1830

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Hit the link.

-Gary

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Larry DelGrego is tops.

5. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

DelGrego hands down.

I've seen his work on what I called a junk skeet gun. It returned looking like new, wood and all.

His father got all the Parker parts that Remington got rid of.

Regards.....Gerald

6. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

DelGrego w/out question.

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Maybe you should ask who has had some quality work done is satisfied and what did you pay? Marks born again bird guns does great work at a reasonable price. Also go to doublegunshop.com and ask the same question. You will get a lot of good answers. Bill

8. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Go to a person who has replacement parts in case you need them. DelGrego is the only parts source I am aware of for Parker singles.

9. pdq

pdq Member

Dewey Vicknair of Vicknair Restorations (Google for it) has done work for me and others on Parkers and other high grade shotguns. He specializes in the repair and restoration of vintage shotguns.

For an example of his work, take a look at the current edition of the Double Gun Journal, specifically the article about the recently discovered LC Smith that Admiral Peary took on expeditions in search of the North Pole, and it's restoration. Next to Teddy Roosevelt's Fox, this gun (soon to be sold I'm told) will probably be the 2nd most expensive American shotgun ever sold.

The gun required extensive restoration, and it was entrusted to Vicknair.

He's done work for me and others, and whether it's making a minor repair or extensive restoration, his work is excellent. Just don't be in a hurry, as he typically has a 3+ month backlog.

Pete

10. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

Connecticut shotgun manufacturing,are the current makers, and do repairs I believe. Jack

11. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

do they also work on Parker Reproductions?

12. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Heck, I didn't even know Parkers needed to be worked on.LOL

Great guns.

13. pdq

pdq Member

Bisi:

as an owner of Parker shotguns, yes they need work. While very good guns, they weren't the greatest, and if you plan to shoot yours, they should be gone over. Friends have encountered unfortunate accidents with Parkers.

And -- you should shoot yours if possible. Mine is a P grade from 1889 that I've shot using RST shells. Breaking clay targets with a 120 year old gun is especially fun.

Doubles trap with full choke barrels and dual triggers however is a challenge.

Pete

14. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Pete, I haven't shot my Parker since I got the new gun. Thought I would give the girl a rest, she earned it. The new gun is a 1929 "Elsie" LC Smith, that has still got a lot of hard work in her before she will be retired.

My youngest gun is a 1973 Remington 3200, and I've worked on her more than all the rest put together.

Good shooting

Bisi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

marks born again bird guns