1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who works at ATA?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yakimaman, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I ask this because I'm a new member and am a bit perplexed at the assistance provided when I called them. In May I called and joined for 3 years. Two weeks later I got an envelope with my paper card in it. I went to shoot registerd targets at a local club and they wanted my plastic card - didn't have one. So I called ATA and asked about it. The response was "do you need one?" "we only send them out if needed". Well, every program I've seen this summer says plastic cards are a must. So, got my card, shot my first Big 50 and was a bit confused on filling in my scores - I called ATA again. I wear hearing aids and the woman on the phone was eating something while talking to me and I told her I was hearing impaired and asked her to repeat herself. She told me to look it up in the rule book. I didn't have a rule book, it wasn't sent to me. She asked "do you want a rule book?" I said I imagine I should have one and she said she'd mail it out. Asked her again about entries on my card and she said "it is all in the book". Well, everyone has bad days but I thought I was dealing with a pretty big organization but it felt like I called some two person office somewhere. Chalked it up and waited for the rule book. Foun it is not unique - my son just went through almost the exact same thing. No plastic card, no rule book and again "do you need a plastic card?" when he called ATA. Not a good impression. My daughter-in-law will be joining soon - will see how hers goes.

Rich

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I've never had any of those problems. The ATA has always helped me out with anything I need and they've done it promptly.

3. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

I had a very similar experience 3 years ago. I joined via a phone call and waited several weeks no membership card. I called and got voice mail. I called again, voice mail again. I left messages each time. From the time I actually joined and sent payment 83 days transpired before i got my membership card. 2 shoots left in my area I wanted to shoot at, and I must renew to shoot next year at the early shoots in my area. Granted it is not a great deal of money, but the customer/member service left something to be desired. I did not renew and have a total of 200 registered targets to my credit....amazing average for sure. I shoot non-registered targets at 2 clubs and enjoy life. Larry Lockhart

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Sounds like a case or cases of miscommunication either on your part or theirs or maybe both. I have never had anything but people bending over backwards to help me and i can be very difficult at times.

5. 6t6stang

6t6stang Member

I just joined in two months ago in May...received my Plastic card, Rule book, averages card, stickers etc. No problems here.
    Mike H.

6. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Anytime I've contacted the ATA I've had fast, courteous service & gotten my questions answered quickly.......couldn't ask for more.

7. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Guys, he isn't asking about personal experiences of when things go right.

I'm glad it worked out for you, but can anyone help him with his problem?

8. 6t6stang

6t6stang Member

Heather Henry responded promptly to a membership question I had via email. Her contact information is on shootata.com

Mike.

9. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

If you were renewing an ATA membership then yes all you would receive is a new paper card because you should have everything else. If you are a new member then you should receive a plastic card, paper card, and rule book along with some other info. Maybe someone got mixed up on renewal versus new.

10. yakimaman

6t6stang..........stickers???? what stickers? I didn't get no stinkin stickers! Crap - maybe I should call and ask again.

to all: they weren't rude but I was asking about filling in my paper card. Like I said, the woman had food in her mouth and I merely said, "I wear hearing aids and I'm having trouble understanding you, would you repeat that?" That's when she said "it's all in the rule book", and rather than repeat herself she told me to look it up when I got the book. So, no member packet, no plastic card, no rule book, and no damn stickers for my truck. That ain't right! Paid my $50 and should have gotten the whole shebang and a welcome to ATA letter. Didn't and it put me off just a bit.

11. grntitan

They are not going to teach you how to fill out your average card via telephone. It is something that would best be done in person. Perhaps a friend at the local club can help. Its not hard but tough to explain on the phone. If i can help you may PM and i'll see what i can do although it will be difficult via interenet. I thought at one point there was detailed instructions on the ATA website. Yes you should have gotten stickers a patch and rulebook as a new member. Perhaps they misunderstood your request.

12. yakimaman

grntitan: I just had a specific question on the hdcp and doubles side of page and could not understand her with a mouth full of donut or whatever she was cramming in there. I don't apologize for being hearing impaired, I let them know and in almost all cases people actually speak into the phone or speak a bit more clearly - she wouldn't and tells me to go look it up in the rule book. C'mon, it's called professionalism. Felt like I was talking some run down office with hillbilly Helen answering the phone. If it's an anomoly then so be it. Will time my next call towards the end of the day. Maybe the food truck will be gone by then.

13. grntitan

Rich--To answer the phone with food in mouth is not only unprofessional but plain rude. I am also very hearing challenged and often have a hard time on the phone so i can certainly relate. I'm not calling you a liar on any of your accounts as i see no reason for you to make this stuff up. As i said in my last post, you may PM me and i'll help you with your average card if i can via intertnet. I hope you will continue to shoot ATA and not let the unprofessionalism of one not ruin it for the others. Hopefully you just caught one person off guard and they didn't make personal changes that has changed the way their customer service is handled. I have always had good luck in the past.

14. In plain view

In plain view Member

I was involved in a very unpleasant experience with a certain female in that office several months ago that still has my ass tight today. On January 15, 2011, according to the ATA Shoot Records I succeeded in hitting my 25,000th singles target. Several weeks later I received my 25,000th pin plus a certificate along with my career shoot records. I still don't know why but I checked my shoot records again several weeks later and was shocked to see that the ATA Office had taken 200 targets away from me with nary an explanation.
    After placing several telephone calls to ascertain the reason for the reduction I got the shock of my life: 1: The lady I finally got to talk to claimed it was probably due to the softwear the ATA was using in the 1990's but she wasnt sure. 2: She claimed it was my obligation to check "their" accuracy. 3: When I questioned this she believed their was something in Trap & Field about it. When asked to show me where, she had no clue. 4: I asked why didnt someone in the ATA Office advise me of the reduction and she had no response. It was like I was talking to the wall.

What I dont understand is that there is about 11 people in that office including an office manage but yet no one knows how to compile a letter or make an attempt to contact me. A simple advisery would have gone a long ways but I well know I'm asking way to much of this office. JMHO Bob English

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

For those of you that think tat the office help should take care of all of your problems. Try the forms page on the ATA website it has all the forms needed to learn about the processes of the ATA.

If you are having trouble understanding the average card click on the link above and it will tell you everything you need to know. Some of you need to do a little searching for things instead of expecting everything to be done for you.

yakimaman I also am hearing impaired as a matter of fact profoundly so I can't hear on the phone with out a device to go with my hearing instruments. I don't make excuses for my deafness but it sure isn't anyone else fault I am deaf if you can't what someone else is saying because of your deafness it isn't their fault either.

Bob Lawless

16. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

This might not make up for the problems you had getting the information you wanted from the ATA office but it can help you to figure out how to fill out your average card.

<A href=http://www.shootata.com/pdfs/averagecard.pdf"> Click Here </a>

17. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

This won't make up for the treatment you received but it might help you to figure out how to fill out your average card.

Click here

18. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

You have to catch her beteween DONUTS, she has a snackbar beside her desk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.