1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

who works actions on 525's?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by quartering, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartering

quartering Active Member

who works actions on 525

i need a good, 3.5 to 4# trigger pull. any recommendations? thanks

2. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Midwest Gun Works did the triggers on on my 425's and I am quite happy with the job they did. I was hesitant to buy a Browning because of the poor trigger many have and was right. The triggers on my two Sporting 425's were pretty darn crappy when received. After Midwest did their work, they are close to feeling like much higher end guns. No creep and very little overtravel. Crisp break at @3.5 lbs. That was 10,000 rounds ago on one and 5000 or so on the other. All in all, I am happy with Midwest.

One thing I like about Midwest is, if they screw it up........they sure as heck have the parts on-site to replace it.

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/ctgy/gunsmithing-pricelist

Also, I have heard only really good stuff about Arts Gunshop in MO. No personal experience with them however.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The one good thing about Browning O/U's is that the triggers are a very straight forward design and most any compitent (sp?) gunsmith can make them good to great.

The two that Mark425 suggest have great reputations for quality work.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.