1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who worked today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BILL GRILL, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

My son is an engineer for a company that does work for the car company's. Seems the UAW has off between Christmas and New Years' gets paid for it and it does not go against their vacation time. Ever wonder why a car cost so much?
    Bill

2. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I fixed fence all day, if anyone cares. Charlie

3. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I checked some of my patients oxygen concentrators and delivered some other equipment today. Nothing too taxing but tomorrow may be another day altogether!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

4. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I picked up three cars today and delivered them. One in Temple, two in Grapevine. Ray

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

We closed my place today because of the Blizzard. I'm salary anyway so I worked around the house and also logged into the server and got some work done. Dave T.

6. james25889

james25889 Member

I work for Honda we are not union we always get paid for a week off between christmas and new years or we can work and get double time and a paid day off later or triple time. We also get paid for a week off the week of july 4th.

7. JB Logan Co. Ohio

james, where do you work? The plants?

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

8. james25889

james25889 Member

Lincoln Alabama

9. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I did and was glad to have work to do.. if I dont work I dont get paid..

10. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Don't alot of auto companies,union or not, schedule shutdowns around the holidays to perform maintainance on the machines? Neil

11. james25889

james25889 Member

trinketshooter you are correct.

12. 682LINY

682LINY Member

no work for me,,, had a RDO swap with another guy,,,he worked for me today i work for him new years day,,, i mite have got the better of the deal,, did not have to put chains on busses,,, mite be taking them off by mid week

13. CO - 369

CO - 369 TS Member

Was hard work staying behind my setter in the snow today. All worth it, one rooster over nice pt. And they are hard to come by in southern Iowa!

14. JB Logan Co. Ohio

James, do you build the quads? I know a few people from Ohio that were transferred down there if I'm thinking of the same plant. Happy New Year's to you and yours.

JB=Jerry beach 8503917

15. james25889

james25889 Member

We build Pilots,Accords,Ridgelines,and the Odyssey. Quads are made in South Carolina.

16. CMT605

CMT605 TS Member

I am not union but I got off at 3:30 on the 23rd of december and don't have to go back until the 3rd of january. 6 of the ten days are paid holidays. I could have worked four of them for double time and a half if I wanted but prefer the time off.

Mike

17. patrick smith

patrick smith TS Member

I mixed a lot of automotive paint and sold a lot of parts,Did not think we would be that busy so all is good i guess.

18. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I worked today.

19. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

I worked today...and will have to use earned vacation to take the rest of the week off.

There used to be a GM plant near here, they used to get off between the holidays too. Now they don't as the plant is closed. Which is sad for many families.

Early in my life I had the chance to work at that plant or take an apprentice job with the power company..GM paid more, but I took the utility job instead, because it was more secure, and the people that worked there seemed to be more happy (I have learned when it comes to work it is really what you make it to be) and they had a real sense of purpose.

I really wish the recession would end, or at least start make a turn toward better times.

20. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I tried to work, but it is a 4 letter word. Hard to work when you are retired. Every day is a Saturday. Fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.