1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who won MD State Shoot on Sunday?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BudLight, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudLight

BudLight Member

Anyone have the results for doubles and caps? Thanks, Ron

2. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Dave Schaffer won the doubles with a 96,and a shootoff (won the shootoff 20-18 over Ron Sutton),and the Handicap was won by Tucker Witt(Sub-Jr) with a 97.

Hope that helped..................
    Smoke em all

D.P.Reynolds

3. BudLight

BudLight Member

D.P.Reynolds, Thank you for the results! Ron

4. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Anytime my friend.............

5. KaboK80

KaboK80 TS Member

Bob Malmstedt had the only 100 in the Doubles. Gary Walkes ( a TSC regular ) won the Open Caps with a 97...well done Gary !! I want to say congrats to Kie Kababik & Joe clarke who won some nice trophies in the Open Jr. & Sub-Jr. divisions. They shoot with our squad when we have an opening.

We had great weather Sat. & Sun. The shoot was well runed. We as always had a good time with all our friends after shooting back at our campers. We'll be back for the Shoot in Aug.

6. BudLight

BudLight Member

Thanks Ka-Bo, Ron

7. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I am a skeet shooter, so I don't understand how a guy with 96 won the doubles and someone else had 100 in the doubles.

8. BudLight

BudLight Member

eightbore, Dave Schaffer (96) won State Championship. Bob Malmstedt (100) won non-resident doubles trophy. Ron

9. brumfield_joe

brumfield_joe TS Member

eightbore: To answer your question, State shoots have an in-state champion and an open champion (any state)... Bob Malmstedt is from NJ so he won the open Doubles Championship. Shaeffer is from MD so he won the MD Doubles Championship.... hope this clarifies a little

10. pdq

pdq Member

Ka-Bo:

Glad to hear that Sunday was well run as Friday and Saturday were both fiascos. I've never encountered the problems that they suffered those days.

True shame, as it was their last MD state shoot there at Millington, and the times I've been there in the past everything was well organized and ran smoothly.

Pete

11. laura!

laura! Member

I was there from friday - sunday. I thought the shoot was well run and I had a great time. You can't blame power outages on the management.

12. DONNE

DONNE Member

Quote from pdq ;

True shame , as it was their last MD state shoot there at Millington ...
    Don't be so sure about that ..............

13. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been hearing things to the contrary as well.

Ed

14. pdq

pdq Member

The problems I encountered both days went far beyond the entire club losing power on Saturday due to wat reportedly was a blown transformer. It's too long to post here, but compelte confusion over squadding both days.

I think the dye is cast regarding future state shoots. People I've talked to seem very firm in the fact that the MD state shoot is well on it's way to Thurmont, and the DE state shoot is going to WTA.

Mind you -- I've always enjoyed shooting at Millington & have posted some really good scores there -- I look forward to shooting there. It's just that my expereince there both Friday and Saturday with how the squads were run was compeletely hosed up.

Pete

15. KaboK80

KaboK80 TS Member

pdq, We have never had any problems with the "squading" at Millington, Thanks to Bob Spence. For the Del. State we use their "free" squading on presquad.com.....thanks Del for that ! I don't know what the problem was with the squading , but didn't you squad yourself ? I do the squading for our squads and know where & when we want to shoot and usually get what we want.

I know there were some trouble with the score keeping, but we were aware with that and listen to the scores being called out and corrected them ..before we move to our next post. The Boy Scouts were there all day and did the best they could, with little training. Don't blame Millington the Md. State ASS. runs the state shoot.

We too have listen to all the talk about Md & Del state shoots being moved and I know that they are both still up in the air as to where they will be next year. Del State ...should stay at Millington so they can keep their numbers up as they have been since they move to Millington. We have shot at WTA when the state shoot was held there with no electric or water and we do so again if they move back. We will not be going to Thurmont, it's to far !

16. DONNE

DONNE Member

Pete ; Not trying to throw water on your fire , but what makes you think the squadding issues are going to be resolved just because THEY want to move the state shoot to thurmont ? THEY ran the state shoot at Millington too. You think you had squadding issues at the 2011 state shoot , just wait 'til 2012. You ain't seen nothing yet.

I applaud the effort given by some members of the state association , but moving to thurmont is NOT going to increase attendence at the Md state shoot. If anything it will probably have the reverse effect!

P.S. and don't be so sure about Delaware and WTA either. The die may have been cast , but the fire has not even been started . Should be an interesting 2012.

17. Danny870

Danny870 Member

Can someone tell me where i can find the results from sat lewis. thanks

18. KaboK80

KaboK80 TS Member

Danny, If you played the lewis, you will get a copy in the mail by Friday. We usually get it by Thursday.Bob Spence is going right down to Va. for their State Shoot and should get it out before he goes.

DONNE, sounds like we've been hearing the same talk. See you at Millington.

Kabo

19. Danny870

Danny870 Member

Will the md state shoot be posted on R.J Stuart web site . Thanks Danny

20. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

No, he did not work it. He was at the "other" shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.