1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who won at Ben Avery Sunday

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BAMA, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAMA

BAMA TS Member

I left right after I finished shooting Handicaps at Avery on Sunday, the sun was getting a bit harsh for me. Was wondering if anyone knows who took the Singles, Handicaps and Doubles.

Bama

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Bama,

I heard that Tim Robb and Doug Hawkins tied with 98 in the caps, not sure about the singles and doubles ... Not sure who won but I think Tim could out flip Doug being as he is slightly bigger and probably stronger ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. bas

bas Member

I should know...but - stuff kind of got hectic. The singles was all Class/cat - no champion. 99's tied in AA....one lone 100 in A...from a fairly new shooter, I believe...Ryan Rippe. Tim and Doug did indeed tie with 98's in the caps and I believe they flipped....there were four 97's in the doubles - and that was a flip also. I'll try and get the scores from BA and post on the website...my e-mail is giving me fits! I mean...it is being downright irritable. And, Bama and WPT...it was good to see you both. Sorry I didn't have more time to "chat". Heck, I didn't even have time to shoot!

4. bas

bas Member

I should know...but - stuff kind of got hectic. The singles was all Class/cat - no champion. 99's tied in AA....one lone 100 in A...from a fairly new shooter, I believe...Ryan Rippe. Tim and Doug did indeed tie with 98's in the caps and I believe they flipped....there were four 97's in the doubles - and that was a flip also. I'll try and get the scores from BA and post on the website...my e-mail is giving me fits! I mean...it is being downright irritable. And, Bama and WPT...it was good to see you both. Sorry I didn't have more time to "chat". Heck, I didn't even have time to shoot!

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Betty,

I looked forward to seeing you and Roger, everyone else was just a bonus ... Thanks for a good shoot at a great facility ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Gil

Gil Member

Bama, If I am not mistaking you shot a fine 94 from the 27 loosing most in the last 25. Considering your recent history that is truly an outstanding accomplishment. I am not use to shooting in 100+ temperatures and was even more amazed at your scores. If you are going to Utah for the state shoot let me know. George Miller

7. bas

bas Member

Okay - the winners are now posted on our web site. Let me know if first names are not correct....

8. BAMA

BAMA TS Member

George,

Thanks for your kind words. I was good to see you there. Yes, we're going to Utah. Leaving here on the sunday before the shoot and making a two day drive stopping in Kanab for the night. Am taking the 5th wheel and will be staying at the RV park next to the golf course below the club. If your going, perhaps a BBQ would be in order there.

Bama

9. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Betty are you and Roger coming to California State Shoot this year? I hope so. I always look forward to seeing you. - Jim

10. bas

bas Member

Hi Jim...sorry to say, we will not be there this year....I will miss that shoot - it is one of the best state shoots around. Hope you have some nice cool temps this year...and take care of Wally for us!

11. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Betty - I shot with Wally Sunday. He broke a 99 in singles (no big deal) and a 98 in the cap (much better). I guess I will not see you until next year. I am not planning on going to the Grand this year. Best to you and Roger. - Jim

12. bas

bas Member

Jim - Good luck at your state shoot...I'll be looking for your name on the winners' lists. Sorry we won't see you at the Grand - this might very well be our last one....

13. Gil

Gil Member

Bama, We are going through St. George and will arrive probably Tuesday. A BBQ is deninately in order. George Miller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.