1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who will be the next superpower?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Kim Little, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x-9FaJPhFxQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x-9FaJPhFxQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Ultimately, given their populations, growth rates, and rapid industrialization, China and India will likely be the next two off-setting/competing superpowers who will eventually assume the roles the USA and Russia played for most of the twentieth century.

Jim R

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

and people that don't understand economics.

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

All those babies being born in China is really annoying -- especially because so many of the girls are unwanted and get abandoned in the street by their impoverished parents. I guess that's one of the reasons my wife and I brought one home with us! What a perfect and beautiful little doll baby! Someone's "problem" is now the joy of our lives. She will grow up an all-American girl too, you can bet on that. Maybe even a trapshooter. My little Pot-Sticker on the 27, LOL.

-Gary

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Whatever nation that is smart enough to stay out of debt will always end up on top.
    Proverbs 22:7 "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender."
    Always has been true, always will be.

6. loop02

loop02 Member

Setterman , the People in charge understand economics perfectly. The reason that things are they way they are is because they are making the changes in the U.S. happen. This situation is what they want, for there reasons. As for the General population they don't understand much of anything, except Pro sports, movies, and beer. I agree with Leo, the Bible tells you what to do about a lot of things Not just with nations, but personally. I was led to buy Gold and silver over the last 10 years. I have a pile of it, and really don't care what happens. A bunch of long storage food and enough ammo to keep it. People make fun of me, but if I am right, they are in a lot of trouble. I f I am wrong, I will eat the food, go target shooting with the ammo, but Gold has always been real money. Look at Zimbabwe, they had dollars too. Now they pan for gold, to eat.

7. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

China or Islam. I know Islam isn't a nation but it is going to continue to grow in power and influence around the world, even in China. Most modern Western nations are not even replacing themselves. Europe will continue to become more Islamic and America will continue to become more Hispanic (Mexican). In America the poorest and least educated are where the population growth is along with immigration. Translation, those with their hands out will continue to grow in America. We are in rapid decline as is Europe. Political correctness rising up from modern feminism with the resultant destruction of the family in America guarantees our decline. Every year we have more children born into poverty from single mothers with the government being the father. More women attend our universities than men now and our prisons are bulging with men from failed families where the government has been the father. A nation led by women will not rise to the top. China has a surplus of men. Islam is ruled by men. America has been coasting for years off of our past greatness.

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Dick: Don't be so sure. America was on its knees in the 1970s and a couple of my teachers made comments exactly like yours. Carter got into office and confirmed their fears -- the USA was officially finished and the Soviets were surging ahead. Unemployment approached 10%. Then came Reagan and it was "Morning in America." If you had told people the USSR would disintigrate a decade later without a shot needing to be fired people would have thought you were mentally deranged. Amazing things can happen when actual leadership takes place.

-Gary

9. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

GARY, where is our's? We have no leaders, yet. God Bless America, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.