1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

who will be McCain's running mate?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ChairborneRanger, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChairborneRanger

ChairborneRanger Member

Pawlenty (sp?) out of Minnesota.

Rice is one sharp, smart, gal----but WAY to closely associated with Bush and the failed (at least in the eyes of most Americans----if the polls are to be believed) Iraq war effort.

2. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

i'd be more exited if it were condoleeza or huckabee but he will probably choose a liberal running mate to mirror himself. jackmitch

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Whoever he picks, it better be somebody capable of running against Shrillary...someday.

4. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

Someone who is popular in his home state and also comes from a state that is winable but not likely without him.

And someone who is younger and who is considered an economic wizard.

Huck is from Ark., but McCain will probably take Ark anyway....

Romney is from Mass., but McCain won't take Mass with him or without him.....

So who is younger, an economic wizard, popular in his home state and also comes from a state that is "iffy" for McCain?

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

The Dot Head?

6. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

I hope its Condoleeza Rice. She is respected in world politics for her intelligence. Think back to the disorganized operations of Madeline Albright.

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

Put down that bong and look at this clearly...did you SEE the results in Kentucky, WV and PA? Democratic, redneck NASCAR union hillbillies are voting AGAINST Obama in droves. They can't _STAND_ the idea of a black man at the top of the Dem. ticket!

So - McCain will have the racist democratic hillbilly vote NEUTRALIZED, simply by virtue of his opponent's skin color..

Why on earth would he screw that up by picking a black woman as his running mate?

8. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

It might be Joe Leiberman.

9. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I don't think that Ky or WV voted against Obama because he is black. They voted against Obama because of his elitist attitudes and his refusal to condemn the fanatical, racist nutcase (Rev Wright) whose a$$ Obama kissed for 20 years.

Had it been Colin Powell (another black man) running against Hillary Clinton in Ky and WV, Powell would have won easily.

Race has little to do with it, and that's what Obama's handlers don't seem to understand.

10. bocephus

bocephus Member

Toolmaker you may be right, I have been saying Lieberman for months now (and I hope I am wrong)....it no longer matters which party, they are all liberal and they are all on the same course.......

Have a nice day :)

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

Easy,

Your theory doesn't hold water. Remember, we're talking about the DEMOCRATIC primary, here. We're talking about people who picked John Kerry and Al Gore to represent them the last two times out. Are you telling me John Kerry & Al Gore weren't elitists?

No, Easy, I'm not buying the elitist thing. Those people are racist hillbillies, pure and simple. If the true reason was that they didn't like elitists...then they would have to quit the Democratic party altogether.

12. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

The governor of Florida, Charlie Crist. The primary purpose of the VP is to get the Presidential candidate elected. That's why Kennedy selected LBJ as his VP candidate.

Ed Ward

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Whoever it is, they better be a genuine, 100% dyed in the wool pro-gunner. That's the only way McCain might win back some gunowners who have walked on him.<br>
    <br>
    We just had our primary. He didn't have a chance, but I voted for Ron Paul, the only Republican still running against McCain. Even though McCain has it sewn up, Ron Paul still managed to get 15% of the vote.

14. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I would bet even money it will be Mitt.

15. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Brian,

Do you think McCain is really worried about the gun vote going to BO?

Will you vote for BO if you don't like McCain's running mate?

jim brown

16. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

another crooked politition

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

I would strongly support Mr. Thomas Jefferson of Virginia for his running mate. Mr Jefferson would attract many votes for the Republicans and he would not screw up anything once he is back in Washington DC.

Pat Ireland

18. chuckles

chuckles Member

I would think Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Rilley or Laura Ingram all would be an excellent choice...

Custom dictates he pick another Politico, it must stay in the family...

He really needs to come up with a black-liberal(middle of the road liberal) candidate to offset the Obama effect...

maybe the Rev Al Sharpton would be a good choice...

a young, black, liberal, female would cover most all the bases...

regards

19. phirel

phirel TS Member

chuckles- I know of a black lady, not quite a liberal, who likes NFL football and plays the piano and I would support her. I do not support her because she is black or because she is a female, or because she likes football. I support her because I like her political positions. She is from Alabama.

Pat Ireland

20. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Why not "reach across the aisle" for someone like Jim Webb? That would give me an even better reason to stay home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.