1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who will be Attending the Eastern Zone at Cicero??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Newfoundlander, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

The plan is to attend the Eastern Zone again this year...

I has a two day drive ahead but am really looking forward to it..

Who else are planning on attending???

Maybe we can connect and chew the fat about Shooting Topics or Newfoundland Moose Hunting, that seemed to be popular last year in Elysburg..

Does anyone know if there will be Vendors there this year???

Look forward to seeing some TS.Com'ers there...

Robert Appleby

( Newfoundlander )

2. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Will be there on Thursday thru Sunday, ask at the office for me and someone will point me out. Hope you have a safe trip and yes as far as I know some venders will be there.

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Take hip boots in case of rain...

Curt

4. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Robert,

Just got a call from a buddy in New Jersey. He is pulling in on Wednesday and we plan on being there Thursday through Sunday if all goes well.

I can't talk much about Moose Hunting but have gotten real good at talking about Gators...

Dave in South Carolina

5. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

I have gotten accustomed to water after being a commercial fisherman for 24 years so rubber boots won't be required..

Plus we are used to conditions like that, I think I will bering along my waders..

The 107 degree heat at Elysburg last summer took a big toll on me for sure...

Hunting Gators would be something that I would be interested in trying out sometime..

Dave I guided some South Carolina sports once who were up here on a Salmon Fishing Venture fishing the Humber River..

That was an experience which I will not forget soon as they had a blast...

Hopefully we will meet at the Zone..

Robert

6. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

I'll be there from Wednesday night through Sunday. I'll be shooting a Caesar Guerini Summit.

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I refuse to get drenched while shooting and summer snows dampen my enthusiasm. I can recall a time the Cicero Swamp was nearly dry though!!

8. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Oleolliedawg,
    We have had good weather for both the Northeastern Grand and the NY State shoot two weeks ago.
    It has been very dry in central NY so no issues with "Cicero Swamp".
    We may have a shower or two during the zone but the weather outlook is fine.

9. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

DRY isn't the word for it right now.....I think drought is more the term being used. But I have seen it when boots needed to be high....I think it was 2006 when we flooded bad 1 afternoon. With a lot of work we were back up & running at 9:30 the next morning and the shoot went on. I think Keith Welch (president at the time) still has nightmares about that day.

State shoot was great. Check the scores & you will see what I mean.

Regrettably, I can't get there until Fri night or 1st thing Sat. but am at campsite 113. Left it there after the state so just have to plug in, turn on the water & relax!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.